Post # 46
Hahaha. I love the weddingbee! I just read both of her original posts, then this guy’s weddingwire negative reviews, and then came back here to finish the thread and saw his reply. Great entertainment.
He came here because when you Google his name this thread is one of the first results. Lol
Post # 47
Lance is the Amy (of amys bakery) of officiants, apparently.
Post # 48
OmbreBee: Bahah my thoughts exactly.
Post # 49
Is this like, a new trend? See a bad review about yourself, and come to the Bee, in hopes of bashing the client? Super professional, and not eye-roll worthy at all (puke face)
My family owns a small business. We get reviews all the time. 95% are awesome and the other 5%, we just figure we dropped the ball that day and you can’t please everyone. We just make it a point to try to never repeat the actions that got us the bad review in the first place. However, we’d NEVER stoop so low as to bash the person for their opinion.
Lance, you suck. It was 4 years ago. Time to let it go buddy.
Post # 50
Tinatiny1: Ha–lol! So next he’ll be claiming that his Wedding Bee account was hacked…
Post # 51
Wow, reading his responses to “bad” reviews (seriously, some of them are 3 stars and say nice things in addition to very level-headed explanations of their troubles with him!) made me cringe… He is a bully, plain and simple. What a toxic man.
And because I love the internet…
His LinkedIn shows no evidence of him EVER working as an officiant, despite his obvious love of throwing around how many weddings he’s done as evidence of him being such a great officiant (gag):
He also just comes across as bizarrely full of himself (and in this bio says he’s a wedding officiant and full time minister… yet no mention on his LinkedIn??): http://www.weddingsbylance.com/About_Lance_Orndorff.html
^That’s his bio on his wedding website, but to be fair, it does seem like he’s stopped officiating since the “quick links” (top right corner) to let you know if he’s available no longer works. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
Post # 52
Post # 53
- Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas
The weddingwire responses are absolutely cringeworthy.
Post # 54
- Wedding: June 2014 - San Francisco, CA
It’s very rare for me to not hire someone (or patronize a shop, or eat at a restaurant) because it has some bad reviews. EVERY place will have some bad reviews.
However, personally, I will 100% not spend my money with someone who feels the need to attack people who write bad reviews.
“Wedding Officiant” Lance might want to think about all the people who share my stance on things, before he flies off the handle on the next hapless bride …
Post # 55
Wow! His responses to those reviews on Wedding Wire are so unprofessional and embarrassing. I wouldn’t hire him after reading just one of his replies, and there are multiples of them.
I’m glad he “decided” to find a new career…
Post # 56
….wtf?!!! This is like an officiantzilla!
Post # 57
If even half of this review is true (and I don’t doubt it for a second) that’s horrible and I feel very sorry for that couple!!
“We chose Lance as our officiant because of his personality and because he allows couples to create their own ceremony. We really liked these two aspects of his services. Up until our wedding day he was very professional and responsive to our questions. However, there were some things that really disappointed us on our wedding day. First, he showed up only 5 minutes before the wedding was scheduled to begin. Second, he asked us for our marriage license minutes before the ceremony began, when we had already sent it to him in the mail over a week prior to the wedding. Third, during the ceremony’s parent recognition section he asked me where my mother was, forgetting that I had told him that she passed away. This was very upsetting. Fourth, and most importantly, he forgot to bring the vows that we sent him to be inserted into our ceremony. We did not discover this until it was time for us to say our vows and he realized that they were not there. This was extremely upsetting because we especially chose specific vows that we loved and wanted to say to each other. Instead we were forced to use the standard vows. These things really added to our level of stress and because of them, we have to give an honest negative review.”
Post # 58
Hey all! We’re going to go ahead and close this thread. The bride is allowed to post her review and the vendor is allowed to respond but must not violate Weddingbee’s comment policy, including creating additional drama, as in this thread. Thanks!