(Closed) Officiant Question…

posted 7 years ago in Pittsburgh
Post # 3
4677 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi!  I got married in PA and I’m pretty sure that any minister with a “real” church (i.e., not ordained online) is a legal officiant. However, I honestly just recommend calling the county courthouse (probably the recorder’s office) and asking.

Btw – it looks like we’re neighbors IRL – I live & work in Alexandria, very near Springfield.

Post # 4
17 posts
  • Wedding: June 2014

Call the Allegheny County Courthouse to verify if you are really concerned.

Any ordained minister, priest or rabbi of any regularly established church or congregation, Judges, and Justices of Peace may perform wedding ceremonies. Mayors of cities and boroughs are also authorized to perform marriage ceremonies. See Pennsylvania Statutes, Title 23, Chapter 15 for more information.


You can also look into self-unifying marriage license, which is a legal thing in PA.


Am also living in Springfield, VA. Our wedding is in Pittsburgh on June 1, 2014. 🙂

The topic ‘Officiant Question…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors