(Closed) Oh my god a florist quoted me $3,254 someone HELP!

posted 7 years ago in Boston
Post # 3
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

wow, no suggestions, but for what you are asking for, that is absolutely ridiculous. Post an add in the classifieds and list the price you are willing to pay, perhaps a vendor will respond!

Post # 4
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

How many centerpieces are you looking for? and do you have specific flowers you asked for.

I received 3 quotes from florists ($2k, $3250, and $2500) I’m in CT so comprable price comparison and I paid a little more than $2k for Brides Bouquet, 2 Bridesmaids, and 12 centerpieces. That quote you have may be right for the area. I would just suggest getting others to see if they are all in the same price point.

Post # 5
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I agree with @mwitter80. You should get some quotes from other florists in the area to see if that’s on point with what flowers go for in your area. Then you can decide what you can cut or if you want to go the DIY route!

Post # 6
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@ENarcy: Definitely get other quotes from florists in the area, but it also depends on how many centerpieces you are having. We had to cover 30 tables at our reception, so our centerpieces alone were $2,200.

Post # 7
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Wow, that’s crazy!  I’m in the Boston area and my flower quote was about $1,800 for my bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, 2 bridesmaids, 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, centerpieces for about 150 guests, bouttoniers for groom and 5 groomsmen and 2 fathers, corsages for the mothers, aisle runner and pew bows.

Post # 8
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Wow that is crazy. We were quoted around $2000 for the same. Wish i could help more. Have you thought of DIY flowers. We are ordering ours through costco. We were qouted about $500 for enough roses to do 20 centerpieces, already made bouquets (we have to add ribbon to make them look better) and butonnaires.

Post # 9
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

What type of centerpieces did you chose? I got quotes around $200-$250 for the tall centerpieces. Can you talk to them about your budget and try to work on bringing down the costs?

Post # 10
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

CHeck out someplace like stop and shop.  We live in Canton and have used the one in Stoughton for alot of different functions. The girl there has been there for years and does a great job.  THey do everything and centerpieces.  The only thing is they don’t deliver but you could arrange for someone witha  truck to pick them up.  Its usually a huge cost savings.  Good luck

Post # 11
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

$200-$250 for tall centerpieces?  I thought they were kind pretty, but now that I know what they cost…

I have flowers in square vases for $50 a piece.

Post # 13
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I went with Danielson flowers but they are in Shrewsbury, MA – I don’t know if that is too far for them to travel. They are GREAT!

Post # 14
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Check out Valerie Miller of “Flowers By Val” – she’s based in Lawrence MA and did my flowers for my North Shore wedding: http://flowersbyval.shutterfly.com/ We paid under $600 for all of our flowers – 5 bouquets, 7 bouts, 4 wristlets, 14 centerpieces, cake flowers and petals on the aisle…

Post # 15
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@ENarcy: Ok so now I think it’s too much. We essentially had the same thing then. My first quote though was similar to yours. The next appt I went to I told her that the previous quote I got was too high, so then she came in lower.  Plus I had my wedding in December and used calla lilly’s (nothing in season) and what not. Plus had tall centerpieces. So that first quote is overpriced!

Post # 16
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@ENarcy: That’s absurd! She’s basically charging you $200 per centerpiece! Mine were so expensive b/c I had double the tables that you had to cover, but mine also included all of the guys’ flowers and flowers for the church as well.

Definitely price out some others!

The topic ‘Oh my god a florist quoted me $3,254 someone HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors