(Closed) OK all you georgous ladies, please, show me your dress, UNDER $500.00

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 77
903 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Mine was $325 from the classifieds on weddingbee, plus about $20 for alterations (my friend’s mom did them for me; though looking back I wish I’d had it professionally altered). I looked and looked to find a lace dress for $300 so I was excited to find this one.

Post # 78
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Mrs.Oat:

Dress was 697 knocked down to 497.I purchased it for 300!!!!!

Post # 79
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

The dress is orginally over $1100, I got mine for $500.00 by taking the sample and I was in a smaller town about 6 hours away from where I live in Toronto  visiting my Maid of Honour and in Toronto the best offer I got for a sample gown was No Tax, the further you are from city centers the better the prices and the more they seem willing to make deals, the dress would have been out of my reach but I took the opportunity when it was offered.

It’s called Brittany by Maggie Soretto

Post # 80
1268 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

dress from milanoo.com custom made $130 approx with #100 in alternations

this dress for ceremony was $120 +60$ alterations from dressily.com

Post # 81
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I got my dream dress Casablanca 1827 for $540 secondhand, I know not under $500 but I got an ivory matching veil included 🙂 I found a bunch of dresses 300-500 on oncewed.com, preownedweddingdresses.com, bravobride.com, & recycledbride.com. Once I knew the model I wanted I just googled it and went through the images.

http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/5/84

Post # 82
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Mine’s a Jasmine f361, I got it on sale for $450, the regular price was only $550 I think!

Please excuse the weird expression on my face, I didn’t know my mom was taking a picture. I’m holding the “sash” because originally it’s a shoulder strap and we’re goin to reattach it as a sash. Also, it’s wrinkley because it had just come in and I really wanted to try it on!

Post # 83
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Everybody looks beautiful!!!!

I work at a thrift store and when my dress came down the line, I fell in love with it.  I asked the manager how much it would cost me and she said…$10!!!   I get 30% off too so I paid a whopping $7 for this dress.  It still had tags in it, I think it was a sample dress at a shop….the tag said $1045!!  I had a corset back put in and a one-point overbustle so the alterations cost $140.  I love this dress so much and think I was just destined to have it.

Please forgive my ratty hair and sunburn; I was hanging light fixtures immediately before the fitting and had gone on a poker run the day before.  Remember….SUNSCREEN IS A GOOD THING!!!!  😉

Post # 84
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@Corilee13: whoa! Gorgeous!!! Please tell me where…online? I need to know!!!

Thanks! Laughing

Post # 85
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

This is my $179 dress.  I was nervous ordering it, thinking it would look cheap, but it’s made beautifully and not only does it look great on, it’s comfortable, too!  I don’t have any pictures of me in it yet because I just got it yesterday.  I’m so glad I took the chance on this dress.  Now I need to find a fuchsia crinoline to complete it. 

Post # 86
337 posts
Helper bee

This is my sample gown that I bought about a month ago, it was only around 299! It’s a Private Label by G dress, but no clue what the design number is though! Blurred out my face just in case hehe 🙂

Post # 87
1767 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Ooh, I LOVE these ladies!

Here’s mine… I spent a whopping $99 at the $99 dress sale at David’s Bridal! I got it off the rack 6 weeks before the wedding (because I’m a psycho who planned a wedding in 3 months). It was originally $750! My grandma and I have always loved bargain hunting, but this is our crowning glory hahaha.

Post # 88
1841 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Mine was a sample on the clearance rack.  I have NO idea who the designer is, but it really didn’t matter because it’s an $1,100 dress that I paid $500 for.  I don’t even know what size it is…  And the alterations are done, and the seamstress sewed the tag up in the seam because she had to take it in on both sides. I just remember putting it on in the salon and knowing that my Fiance is going to love seeing me in it.

Post # 89
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
@Mrs.ChubbyBunny:  This is gorgeous! Money well spent.

The topic ‘OK all you georgous ladies, please, show me your dress, UNDER $500.00’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors