(Closed) Ok Ladies … Maggie Sottero – Ambrosia or ALLURE 8769

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Help me pick my dress brides!!!!
    ALLURE 8769 : (37 votes)
    71 %
    Maggie Sottero - AMBROSIA : (15 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Ohh Maggie Ambrosia all the way! I’ve tried on that Allure dress and I think the fabric does not feel as rich and nice as Maggie with satin!!!! Also, you should check out Demetrios if you are looking for a gown like Ambrosia, they have at least 3 dresses that are similar and their lead times are much faster. I can post some pix if you want,

Post # 4
    258 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I voted Ambrosia but I’m a little biased because that’s my dress :o) No idea on shipping time though. I bought a sample.

Post # 5
    39 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I voted for the Allure dress.  With the time of year that your wedding will be, do you really want the heavy satin of the Maggie dress?  The Allure is chiffon and organza and will be much lighter throughout the day.

Post # 7
    631 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I would actually stick to the Allure if I were you! For that time of year, you want something light and your dress doesn’t look promish at all.

Post # 8
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Here are some Demetrios pix!

Post # 9
    538 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

it’s funny how the poll and the comments don’t match up sometimes… heehee… 

i voted for your original allure… i LOVE that dress, and it doesn’t look prom-ish at ALL to me… your figure looks frickin’ amazing in the sillhouette, too! 

the ambrosia is pretty, but it has a lot going on, and i think for your wedding’s time of year, you might want the airy and gorgeous allure rather than the structured tons-of-fabric look of the ambrosia… but that’s just my 2 cents! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Post # 10
    1941 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I voted Ambrosia! I was a bit worried about the warm weather and heaviness of the dress, but I’m just going to wear a hoop skirt underneath. It’ll add more volume, no alterations – yay! It’ll swirl around really pretty like when we’re dancing – yay. And it’ll be a LOT more breathable under there with the hoop holding everything off my legs – yay!

Yeah, I’m really biased ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
    1941 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Oh, and we’re month twins ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
    685 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I vote Allure…maybe I’m biased because it’s my exact dress, but I think that it does wonders for everyone’s figure! 

The topic ‘Ok Ladies … Maggie Sottero – Ambrosia or ALLURE 8769’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors