- 4 years ago
After freaking out a little about money, tearing my hair out, and realizing that a nice backyard wedding might not be worth the stress, I took a step back, rethought some things, and rearranged our budget. That being said, a while back I stumbled across this gem..I quickly brushed it off though. It’s a winery/vineyard and in my mind that translated to expensive. But it’s actually not too bad.
1. My fiance and I both love wine. Plus I love the romantic and rustic feel to the reception area.
2. It’s $3,550 for a June wedding, but if we have in the off season (we’d choose April) it’s $2,550
3. Their award winning wine is offered to the guests. Granted, we still have to pay for it, but at the end of the night they count the bottles consumed, then charge us that way, rather than charging a flat rate.
4. They will allow us to have a ceremony on the premises as well. Free, besides chair rentals. Being that our ceremony will be 15 minutes tops, we could probably get away with only providing chairs for the elderly and disabled.
5. Minimal decorations. As I said before I love the natural look of the inside. Less would be more in this case.
6. Hello – chandeliers. 🙂
7. The caterers they have to choose from are pretty darn cheap..we’re talking about $10 pp and that includes entrees, salad, potatoes, veggies, rolls, and butter.
8. They air, heating, and ceiling fans, and will allow us to open up the doors whenever we want (after dinner usually) so people can go mingle outside.
9. The reception is allowed to go til 11, an hour after we originally planned
1. It still eats up our budget pretty quickly. I may be overlooking some things, but it seems like there’s less to pay for.
2. The ceremony wouldn’t be able to start until 5:30. Probably 6ish actually, because if anyone shows up before 5:30 we’ll be charged $500 for ‘breaking the contract’. Yet we can set up at 9 am. Stupid? Yes.
3. If we want other alcohol we have to get it from the caterer.
I’m sure there are more cons, but I can’t think of them. On to the pics!