(Closed) Okay Hive, it's tough decision time and I need advice

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
Member
3424 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Yikes! I would take the pro over your friend. I think I may worry about the quality of our pics from the first gal. You already go the fuzzies and as long as your budget allows, go for it! 

Post # 4
Member
5544 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

If she is really a pro you tell her you have already found another.one and signed a contract but you appreciated the offer. I think a lot of what helps pictures look good is technical ability but you also have to be comfortable in front of the person with the camera so if you like the second person best go with her. 

Post # 5
Hostess
8576 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

I think you should take out the fact that photographer A is your friend, and look at it simply from a business prospective.

If you pay A 3,000 are you getting everything you wanted with photographer B? Which one do you come out ahead in? Also, is photographer A people friendly? Does she go out of her way to put herself in the middle of your wedding?

Honestly, I would go with B. I would tell A sorry, but you have already booked another photographer [even though you haven’t.] It sounds like the only reason she lowered her prices was for her own benefit, not for yours [which is fine, but kind of crappy too for a friend]. And, with photographer B, you get everything you want AND an extra photographer [which isn’t NEEDED, but you’re going to get alot of brilliant extra photos you weren’t planning on!].

B gives you more bang for your buck.

Post # 6
Member
4311 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Take the emotion out of it and look solely at the quality of each candidates photos and choose the best one.

Post # 7
Member
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would tell your friend that you have already booked another photographer. Here’s why.  Your friend didn’t tell your Fiance how much of a discount off of her photography package she was willing to give.  Since she didn’t give you a discount based on being friends, I’m guessing she’s planning on just subtracting the cost of your hubby DJ’ing her wedding. You get along with the other photographer really well and (trust me) that’s an important quality on your wedding day.

Post # 9
Member
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

I have read too many stories on this site about horrors of ‘friendors’. I’d still take the pro even if the friend of a friend is cheaper. 

Post # 10
Member
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

go with the pro! the one thing you do NOT want to jeopardize is your pictures! Its all that you will have left after the day is over with! Good luck! 🙂

Post # 11
Member
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Go with b

Post # 12
Member
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Just tell her that since you could not afford her you looked into other options and already have something booked. 

Post # 13
Member
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think you for sure should go with B!

Post # 14
Member
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I guess it also depends on how important great photos are to you, also!

 

 

Post # 16
Member
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2006

Is the first photographer actually your friend – someone who you’ve personally connected with? Or someone whom your friends have used in the past that is a referral?  I’m suspecting it’s the latter.  I also think you going into it expecting a discount from them was probably the wrong sort of karmic energy.

Personally if both of these two are professionals, and have work you equally love the second photographer is the one you should go with.  She seems already very invested in you as a person, and very excited about your wedding.  You can easily tell the first photographer that you’re appreciative of the offer and would have jumped on it in the beginning, but that you’ve already signed a contract and paid a retainer.  Chalk it up to bad timing and move on.

The topic ‘Okay Hive, it's tough decision time and I need advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors