Post # 1
Well, the link is because it is a book of pictures!
I am sure some of you have seen my photo album before so sorry if this is a repeat but I made some changes and a year after the wedding (ee! anniversary in in a month!!!) I want to finally stop procrastinating and order the darn thing. Here is my question though, what do you guys think? Does it flow? I have been staring at this thing for over a year so I can’t answer that. I don’t even know if it looks good or makes sense.
As far as the BW pictures with the color pictures, I understand that bugs some people. I tried to minimize it as much as possible so that the story is still there with some of my favorite pictures and it is as mixed as little as possible… which was practically impossible. So, don’t focus on that mix. Look at everything else.
Here is what I want to know:
Does it flow well?
Is it too long? Are the reception pictures too busy? (I already de-busyfied them once but I may not have done it enough)
Do you like it at all?
What would you change? (Other than the color and BW pictures intermingled. That can’t happen)
This is our album
Post # 3
When I tried to click the link to look at it, it didn’t work ??
Post # 4
It took me to the main wb board page.
Post # 5
But while you get that figured out, I think I figured out where the mushroom comment came from . .
Too much TMI! Don’t read if bothered 🙂
Post # 6
I fixed it. Try it again!
Post # 7
@Natalieh86: LMAO! I didn’t even know that post existed! No, Mr. Hedgie was trying to convince me to have stuffed mushrooms for dinner even though I hate them so much, when I go to restaurants and there are mushrooms in a dish I want to eat, I ask them to take them out and tell them I am allergic so they wont even accidentally drop a sliver in. Blugh…
Post # 8
I was able to see the book just fine. I think you did a great job! The pages have variety and flow really well. I don’t think it’s too long and there really isn’t anything I would change. I made our album as well as the ones we gave the family members and I know how much work they are! You did an awesome job.
PS I love your dress and your cake!!
Post # 9
I think the flow is good but did you put high resoultion photos into the book? Some of them are grainy or snowy looking.
Post # 10
@MrsElopement: Yeah, they are all hi-res and for some reason when they are put into the book maker, it makes them grainy. But I have been assured that all the images will come out crisp and clear and not grainy at all. It is just something the book maker program does for some reason. Otherwise I will definately be getting my money back.
Post # 12
I would actually add some white space. Completely full pages on each page can make the eye tired and confused at what to look at. You’ve got some really great pictures!! Choose some to highlight and leave a bit of white on the page.
Post # 13
@bluewolverine: That’s what I was thinking.
I’m sure it’s hard to narrow it down though, you have some great pictures!
Post # 14
@ Mrs. Hedgehog:
Where did you get the chuppah? Did you rent it? I’m also getting married in Dallas, and I love the one you used! I want a similar one….
Post # 15
Things I noticed:
- Pg 14: I assume that you are hugging 2 different people but since you can’t see the person on the top half it feels repetitive.
- I really like the way you displayed the bridesmaid and groomsmen photos.
- Pg 23: The silly photo on the top left corner of the page doesn’t belong. The photos look like they are about his parents and that distracts from it.
- Pg 25: The detail shot of your bouquet would go better with your detail shots of page 2 and 3 better. Maybe move the shots of the bible or flower on the playbill onto that page and insert another ceremony photos.
- Pg28 – 30: You could do all photos of the bridesmaid and groomsmen on a 2 page spread but I do like them the way they are. Just something to think about. I love that photo of your face By The Way.
- I seriously adore the crushing of the glass photos and the kiss!
- I do think that the reception photos get long. I like pgs 68-72. My best advice with those is that if people are participating in an activity or really into it keep them. (Like the show game or the super pumped singing photos) I think you could skip pgs 66 and 67 and still tell the story.
I really like your album and I think you tell the story really well. That is just my constructive criticism.
Post # 16
I think you did an awesome job!