- 9 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
I’m hoping to keep it around $10k, although we aren’t paying for all of it ourselves. ETA: We’re having about 100 guests (not including the BP). We’re also having a Friday wedding, since our gorgeous reception venue’s minimum for Friday was HALF that of Saturday.
– Site fee, $140 for three hours at a local outdoor amphitheatre (comes with seating)
– Officiant fee, $300 with unlimited emails/meetings/phone calls, includes rehearsal (they actually walk you through everything) and awesome, totally customizable ceremony plan
– Dress and shoes, $750 (without alterations), although I should have either worn my grandma’s dress (which she made in college and offered to alter for me) or gone through a replica site. My Future Mother-In-Law offered to pay for my dress when I took her shopping with me, and we both really liked the dress I chose
– My jewelry, borrowing from my grandma
– Hair and makeup for me ??
– FI’s tux rental is free because he has 5 groomsmen
– Rings, hoping to get mine on sale (we have a hookup at the store), and his will be around $100
– I believe that we are purchasing ties and tie clips for all of the boys as their Groomsmen gifts, so that’ll be $150?
– Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts…I don’t know yet. I’m DIYing most of it.
– I believe we’re sitting at $6400 for the reception in total (room rental fee, catering, bar set-up, DJ, uplighting, tables, chairs, dinnerware, s’mores bar, staff, coordinator, etc.)
– Cupcakes, cousin is making them, although I’m not totally sure what (if anything) she’s going to charge me
– Decor…we don’t know a total cost yet. I’m saving all of my receipts. We’re using recycled wine bottles (I’ve been saving them and we’re getting some from other family members, too) and painting them with chalkboard paint, using candles and candleholders from the Dollar Store, stuff from Hobby Lobby (frequently 50% off), rolls of burlap, and several things we already had around the house
– Papergoods from VistaPrint, using $17 for $70 Groupons
– Photography from a fantastic lady who does beautiful work, although she’s only been shooting weddings for a couple of years. Her prices are fantastic, and we got a referral discount because a friend of mine did makeup for a wedding that she shot.
– Flowers will (probably) be silk, purchased online, as bouquets and boutonnieres only.
– I’m making a backdrop and possibly some other decor for the ceremony, so I don’t know the cost on that yet.
– We’ll need a sound system for the ceremony, so we’re hoping that a friend can hook us up because his dad owns a rental company that has sound systems and a backdrop that I want to use for the reception.