(Closed) Oleg Cassini CT314 – anyone?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
476 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

That dress is very pretty.  Would it be possible for the store to get a sample from the other store for you to try?

Post # 5
5154 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

so so so pretty!

sorry I’m no help…did you try online classified sites? or just plain ole’ google!

good luck!

Post # 6
402 posts
Helper bee

I tried on this dress in my size, and it fit like a dream! I actually almost bought it; it was one of my top 2 choices! I ended up going with the CT318. As far as I remember, the pleats did lay flat, and the fit was glorious. The only reason I didn’t go with this gown was because I really wanted to do something other than strapless.

I wish I had pictures or something to show you. At the very least, you get my thumbs up for this gown! I actually tried it on 3 times since I just loved wearing it.

Best of luck! Let me know if you have any other questions about my trying-it-on experience.

Post # 7
1129 posts
Bumble bee

Well, if you are still interested in seeing it – I’m in a 16 in these photos and its AMAZING!  I found it yesterday and I’m in LOVE.  ๐Ÿ™‚  I was completely worried that I wouldn’t look good in anything because of my weight… and I felt amazing in it.

(pics are poor quality from my cell – sorry!)

Post # 8
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

this dress is gorgeous on you. this is the one.

Post # 9
621 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I tried this dress on in the store, it was one of my favs, i was just looking for something with a corset…here are some pictures of me. I was trying on a size 12. Hope this gives you an idea!

[attachment=818425,103208] [attachment=818425,103209]

Post # 10
1129 posts
Bumble bee

@mashka – Unrelated… My Maid/Matron of Honor lives in Stillwater and I’m in the Seattle area.  I had to laugh when I saw Edmond – Home of Shannon Miller!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
139 posts
Blushing bee

This is my dress! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m a 16 in the dress and it fits amazing, the pleats do lay flat and it makes me look sooo thin and have a very defined waist

I took it to a seperate tailor and had a few alterations done (changing the top to sweetheart, and putting a ton of points in the bustle because davids only wanted to do 3..)

Post # 12
1129 posts
Bumble bee

@Cupcake – Do you have photos of the sweetheart modification?  I seriously considered doing that (I’m not having David’s do my alterations either.)  I would love to see how it turned out.

Post # 13
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

This is my dress! I think it is gorgeous and fits great. My only concern is the weight of the dress, it is VERY heavy so I am a bit worried about being hot for my August wedding.

I’ve included two pictures of my in the dress in a size 8 <–my pictures are too big, opps. I’ll work on getting them up later today.

Post # 14
46 posts
Newbee

It’s my dress too! I bought it in a size 8 and I love it! I need to get it altered some, but it fits very well. It is fairly heavy though. I just think this dress is great because it seems to be very flattering on girls of different sizes… I’ll try to get my pictures uploaded soon!

Post # 15
180 posts
Blushing bee

Here is my second try with pictures…

Post # 16
180 posts
Blushing bee

Holy alterations cost! Just a warning that I went in for my first fitting with this dress this week and my alterations bill came to $300! I am in the Chicago area, so that may inflate the price a little bit, but I was told the cost is due to the weight of the material, and need so many bustle points that alterations are needed. I was anticipating spending around $200 on alternations, but instead I am spending a 1/3 of the cost of the dress… So just a warning if you are considering this dress. I still love it and think its worth it, but it caught me off guard.

The topic ‘Oleg Cassini CT314 – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors