(Closed) Olga is booked for May and June 2011

posted 8 years ago in North Carolina – Research Triangle
Post # 3
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

who in the world is Olga?? Lol, I live in Wilmington and have gone to 3 weddings in Raleigh this season and have never heard of her. My imagination is running wild right now… I’m just imagining this older woman with long silver hair and a magic wand who magically makes your dress/your planning/whatever she does better, lol!

Post # 5
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I highly recommend Olga, she did a friend of mine and she was great.  Great prices too.

Post # 6
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

This cracked me up! I have been walking around talking about “I think there’s this woman named Olga I need to find, maybe she is in Cary or something?” I am TOTALLY booking her asap. Thanks for the heads up. I bet she gets booked way far out! Crazy!

Post # 7
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

does anyone know what her pricing is? I’m not until 09/01/11 so i still have time but i have heard she is the “gold standard” around here so i was thinking of booking her now….

Post # 10
441 posts
Helper bee

Hi all! Olga altered my gown for my November wedding. I paid around $350, which sounds like a lot (at least to me!), but the high price was due to the alterations I needed done. My gown had detailed edging around the bottom of the lace hem, so she had to actually take the skirt apart and shorten it from the top. For a simple fix, like shortening the lace straps, it cost about $25 I think. I don’t know how her pricing compares to bridal salons, but I’m thinking I got a good deal even though I paid a lot of money.

Also, Olga is speedy! My alterations plans with my bridal salon fell through in early September. I called Olga soon after, and she was able to fit me in (despite claims/assumptions that she was completely booked). I think it took her about a week and a half to finish my dress, including 3 fittings.

Post # 12
441 posts
Helper bee

@bikinihoneymoon: In addition to the hemming, I had the lace straps shortened. My dress also had a v-neck, and Olga altered the boning in the tips of the v to make them lay better (does that make any sense?!). She also adjusted the length of the a-symmetrical layer on my dress, bustled it, (9 or 10 points, I believe) and steamed it. My dress had a lot of layers, so that added up. I think some of the most expensive things about the alterations were the materials she had to use to hem the underlayers.

Post # 14
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

thanks! i would just need mine taken in b/c i’ve dropped some weight, and maybe shortened (i’m only 5’3″). my dress is organza so it’s delicate, but not crazy hard to work with. i got it at david’s bridal, so they of course want to alter it, but i’m hesitant! i still have some time. i’m not until sept.

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Does anybody know how long Olga usually takes for wedding dress alterations? I just called her today, February 6, 2013 as my wedding is on October 20, 2013. She set up our first fitting for September 20, 2013 which is only 1 month in advance. Is this normal? I always thought that fittings need to start 2-3 months before the wedding? But I know she has such good reviews so I don’t want to question her! 🙂

The topic ‘Olga is booked for May and June 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors