(Closed) OMG DIDNT NO SO MANY PICK JUNE 5 2010

posted 9 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Welcome to Weddingbee!

I’m not quite clear – is your wedding date set for June? And you want to send out your invites in January? I think that sounds okay, it might be a little bit on the early side (good job staying ahead of the game!); I think I’ve heard 4-6 months. 🙂

Post # 4
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I would do it the other way around – send out a save the date in January and send out invites 8-10 weeks before the wedding.

I think you would get an inaccurate head count if your RSVP date is so early – lots of things can change in 4 months.

Post # 5
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Agreed. Send the Save the Dates earlier and invitations later. If you send actual invites that early people aren’t going to RSVP. Don’t ask me for logic as to why people don’t RSVP when they are told to, but that is exactly what will happen.

Welcome to Weddingbee, btw!

Post # 6
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Are you worried about your date being so popular? I have already sent out STD’s and am going to send the invites out about 10 weeks beforehand with an RSVP date of 1 month before. Since my date is so popular, the hotels I have blocked require people book by 2-3 weeks before the wedding, so if my RSVP date is at least a week before that, then I figure people will be more likely to make a reservation if they’ve committed to the wedding.

Post # 8
2779 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I just wanted to say that don’t worry that loads of people are getting married on your date. It’s the first Saturday in June and in the peak of the wedding season – there’s loads of girls getting married every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May until August! It’s just a popular time to get married 🙂

The topic ‘OMG DIDNT NO SO MANY PICK JUNE 5 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors