(Closed) OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 4
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m a May 2013 bride!  I see you’re from RI–I’m from New England as well.  Let’s get this May 2013 convo started!  Congrats on having deposits on all your vendors!  That’s probably a huge relief for you!

As for the status of my planning, we’ve taken our engagement photos.  I have my venue on deposit.  I’ve started my pre-wedding diet and exercise regimen–still want to lose 6 more pounds before I start dress shopping in June/July (which I’m dreading–any kind of shopping really intimidates me!).  We’ve interviewed a few DJ’s but still haven’t signed any contracts.  I feel like I’m so behind even though we’re more than a year out. 

Post # 5
190 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a May 2013 bride, too! We’ve accomplished a lot – we got engaged March 10th! Since then we’ve bought my gown, picked out bridesmaid dresses, booked our ceremony and reception venue, decided on reception menu, chosen colors, started our wedding website and booked our photographer.

We are waiting until January or February to pick tuxedos, and in the upcoming week I am calling two or three hotels to get a block or two of rooms set aside, since we’re getting married over a holiday weekend next year. We’ve chosen our invitations, we are just holding off on ordering them.

I feel like I am moving too quickly on the planning process, but I want to get as much situated now as I can, in part because we are getting married 150 miles from where we live, and some aspects of planning are just having to happen in chunks. I don’t want a snowstorm in February to mess up our ability to have cake at our wedding, or have to worry about flowers!

I’m sorry – I wrote a novel there!

Post # 6
170 posts
Blushing bee

I am a May 2013 bride! ๐Ÿ™‚ May 19th to be exact. We’ve been engaged since last February; we haven’t gotten too much done but we needed a lot of time to save money. So we have the deposits for reception venue, chapel, and photographer down, engagement pictures done, and have our save-the-dates waiting for a complete guest list to send out. We’re getting a lot of stuff done this summer since we’re both going to be full-time students next fall (I graduate May 2013). 

Post # 7
193 posts
Blushing bee

@peppybride we’re date twins.. I also am May 25.. 

We got engaged almost a year ago but didn’t really start wedding planning til I knew where I was going to do residency at in march because I could have ended up anywhere in the country. I am definitely behind I think.. as I’m planing a ceremony and reception in one location and another reception on the 31st in a different place… and I am going DIY crazy!

Things I have done so far:

Venues for both locations, Photographers for both locations, Videographer for one, DJ for both, Our first engagement pictures are done, I have completed parts of my Out of Town bags, parts of my bridesmaid bags and survival bags, I just finished my “will you be my bridesmaids” packages although they are not mailed yet.. just sitting on the kitchen counter

I am working on Save-The-Date Cards currently, I now have all the parts and am working on putting them together (so much more time consuming that I intended), have all the paper and programs for the invites but haven’t started on those, finished tears of joy packets, working on bridesmaids hangers, glitter votives (just bought the holders today at michaels)

Still have a ton of things to figure out.. but getting there.. sorry for the long post

Looking forward to hearing how everybody else is getting along with their projects/planning etc

Post # 8
190 posts
Blushing bee

@Soon2BeMrs7913:  hi date twin! we’re excited. we are probably taking our engagement pictures in July, as long as the photog gets back with us about when! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
77 posts
Worker bee

Everyone is SO ahead of the game! Congrats girls! I’m May 25th 2013 and have a deposit on the venue. That’s it!  For some reason when we started calling vendors a couple months ago everyone assumed we were planning a wedding for 2012, not 2013, so I felt kinda stupid. We can’t even book the chapel we want until 2013 (guess where we’ll be Jan.1st!) But after reading all of your stuff I feel like I should have more done! Keep up the good work ladies! I look forward to reading more on here as we get closer and closer!

Post # 10
190 posts
Blushing bee

We have a lot done because we are getting married 150 miles from where we live. A lot of it is due to having to plan in “chunks.” There is a huge likelihood we will go 2-3 months over the winter without being able to roadtrip to our venue area, and want to get as much in place now to avoid those worries.

Post # 11
752 posts
Busy bee

May 25 as well! We have venue, DJ, and photographer booked. I designed and printed our Save-The-Date Cards but aren’t sending them until around or after August-with the exception of 2 couples who live far away, they will be receiving theirs earlier. I’ll be starting the dress shopping next month. I know it’s early but it doesn’t hit the wallet as hard when it’s broken into chunks!

Post # 12
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hey Brides!

Wow a lot of May 25th weddings out there!

I’m May 18th. My fiance and I live in Chicago but we are getting married in Grand Rapids, MI (my hometown).

You girls have so much done! And I thought I was ahead of the game! So far I have the church, reception venue, photographer, florist (my mom is a wedding florist), DJ, dress, veil, shoes, found my jewelry (just have to purchase – waiting on FI). I also asked my bridesmaids and think I’ve found the bridesmaids dresses I would like them to wear.

Trying to get on the diet bandwagon but with the wedding so far away I didn’t feel a ton of motivation. I just scheduled our engagement pictures for June 9th so I think I’ll start my diet/exercise program today! Save the dates will go out in July because we have guests coming from Chicago and Greece.

I’m trying to find DIY projects but I’m not feeling too inspired so if you have any great ones, please feel free to share!

Post # 13
1595 posts
Bumble bee

Just booked for May 26th, 2013!!! We are going to schedule the band this week (my SO’s brother was engaged last summer and the engagement was called off, so fingers crossed we can use his deposit towards our wedding!) ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
945 posts
Busy bee

I am!

Post # 15
152 posts
Blushing bee

May 5, 2012! Been doing a lot of shopping at the craft store and getting the supplies needed for our long list of DIY projects!

Post # 16
96 posts
Worker bee

I’m May 25, 2013! Got engaged August 19, 2011. Bridesmaid dresses are purchased, my gown is ordered & supposed to be in at the end of the month, have the florist booked & flowers chosen, reception space is booked (@ a hotel), church is booked, photographer is booked (having e-photos done at the end of May), centerpiece idea is chosen, hair & make up is booked, have my wedding shoes (for now, keep changing my mind), found the invitation design & orderd a sample (just to see it in person), hmm.. I think that’s it for now? Booking the DJ next month.. need to meet with a cake person… Now I just need money for it all! haha ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors