(Closed) OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(

posted 9 years ago in May 2013
Post # 32
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Romantigua:  Booked our ceromony, booked the reception and a piper and a singer song writer to write us a song and play on the day.

Oh and bought the favours as well 

Post # 33
178 posts
Blushing bee

Another May 18th wedding here! So far we have reserved ceremony/reception venue, booked photographer, designed STDs and invites that we need to order, decided on colors/theme, bought my dress, and picked out flowers. Currently I’m obsessing over a Bridesmaid or Best Man dress and cakes, crossing one thing off the list at a time.

Post # 34
56 posts
Worker bee

May 19th for us! Laughing 
So far we’ve: paid the deposit for our venue, DJ, photographer, caterers, bridal transport and registrar (since were having a civil ceremony), booked my hair and make-up consultant and arranged for the trial, ordered our cupcake tower wedding cake, bought the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, brought my shoes (but still need to get them dyed blue) and made our invites (but don’t plan on sending them out until july).  
AND, bought my dress! Smile 
As you can probably tell i’m a little excited and overly organised! hahaha.

Post # 35
46 posts
Newbee

I am a May 2013 bride as well! Sunday, May 26, 2013! We didn’t originally want a Sunday wedding, but when we went venue hunting around last Christmas every Saturday in May and June was already booked! (I come from a small town with not a lot of venue options.) So we decided to book Sunday for the long weekend!

So far we have the church, reception venue, photographer, videographer and DJ booked with deposits. We tried to get a lot of the “big” things booked before we came back to college for the spring semester. Fiance and I both graduate in 2 weeks (yikes!) from college so I’m planning on starting everything else after graduation.

Does anyone know when the florist and the bakery for the wedding cake should be booked?

Also, Sunday, May 26 brides, are you worried about finding make-up artists and stylists for hair? Would it be crazy for me to call them now to talk about the wedding and see if they would be willing to work on the Sunday of the holiday weekend?

We haven’t asked anyone to be in the bridal party except my siblings and his. I am excited to ask my and his best friends in May!

Planned on getting e-pics done next week, but with school wrapping up it is just too much so I think we will do them in July or August and send out STDs in November.

I plan on dress shopping for myself and the bridesmaids in July, before my sister (MOH) leaves the country until December. 

Tux/Suit shopping around December.

I am so excited to hear about all of your planning in the months to come!

Post # 36
193 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@abby382:  I’m from Illinois orignially and now reside in New Orleans.. Will be getting married in Grand Junction Michigan though.. and having another party down here in New Orleans. Maybe we can compare vendors.. what type of venue is your reception at?

Just updating.. I have 140 of my 170ish Save the dates done, stuffed in envelopes, and ready to be mailed however I mailed one to my mom yesterday just to make sure it got through the USPS okay. I also mailed one to myself.. I know I’m crazy.. but I wanted to make double sure it made it intact.. and I’ll put it in my scrapbook I’m starting…

I also asked my maids (via a fun mail package) which was mailed this morning… waiting to hear their answers.. 

Meeting with a caterer for New Orleans on Thursday hopefully… 

Like to hear where everybody’s at and that lots of people are getting married the same weekend as me!

Post # 38
193 posts
Blushing bee

Yea I did that with my engagement announcement postcards from vistaprint I had gotten when we first got engaged last year.. I had glittered parts of them and added a couple hotfix rhinestones.. and was seriously dissappointed when it got to me and there was no rhinestones and parts were ripped off.. So then I decided to stop wasting my time making them pretty knowing they won’t make it through the post office scotch free how I wanted them to look.. 

Wanting to make sure the same types of problems don’t occur for the STDs

Post # 40
193 posts
Blushing bee

Of course! As a sidenote.. I got it back in the mail today and it went through just pretty good.. 🙂

Post # 41
35 posts
Newbee

I’m a May 4th bride…and we have NOTHING booked…lol..ouch…I feel like I’m late to the game.

Post # 43
165 posts
Blushing bee

may 11 for us! although we have changed our date eleventy times, but im pretty sure this is the FINAL date. We havent put down any deposits yet, but we pretty much have everything chosen and decided on. EXCEPT bridesmaids…ive been having trouble deciding since day 1!

I hope to put our deposit down on our venue next weekend! I am so excited! its kind of weird that after this week i will officially be able to say our wedding is less than a year away!!

Post # 45
35 posts
Newbee

I ordered my dress yesterday! 1 thing down! LOL! We are also booking our church and the venue (a historic ballroom) this weekend!

The topic ‘OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors