(Closed) OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(

posted 9 years ago in May 2013
Post # 47
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@Soon2BeMrs7913:  Haha! I had to look up where Grand Junction was. I’m terrible with cities in Michigan. Not too far though, maybe an hour from Grand Rapids.

My reception is at the University Club in downtown GR. With half of my guests traveling from Chicago, location and convenience were important to me (the hotel is right across the street from the reception). It’s on the 10th (top) floor and overlooks the city.

Other vendors:

Florist: my mom (Shelly’s Designs Florist)

Photographer: Karyn May Photography

DJ: FI’s friend from Chicago (had no luck finding a Greek DJ in Michigan)

Have you found a reception site yet? Booked any other vendors? If you need any recommendations, let me know! I’ll ask my mom for you. She’s been in the business for so long- she has long list of recommendations and people to stay away from! πŸ™‚

Post # 49
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@Romantigua:  Yes, I am very grateful for that!!

I know she is going to go a little crazy… My brother got married this past fall and I was shocked at everything she had done (it takes a lot to shock me when it comes to flowers- she’s been doing them my whole life).

I guess when you do 100+ weddings a year, and it’s finally your child’s turn – you go a litte overboard! πŸ™‚

Post # 51
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We got engaged on Easter (April 8th) this year, and we’ll be married May 18, 2013.

T minus 366 days to go and we have…

• Reception Booked
  • DJ Booked
  • Videographer Booked
  • Photographer Booked (Engagement session in July)
  • Florist Book (FI’s aunt and uncle, so it was a given)
  • Ringbearer asked (waiting a little still on the rest of the BP)
  • Colors (navy dresses, green accents, yellow flowers, gray tux/suits)
  • Bakery booked for cupcakes (no tastings just yet though)

Need:

• Ceremony (possibly rentals involved in this)
  • Transportation
  • Attire (looking for my dress late July/early August)
  • Photobooth
  • STDs (fall)
  • Invites (fall we’ll start actually looking/pricing/etc.)

I think we have all of the big things covered so far

Post # 52
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Only a week and two days to the one year mark for me! We have:

Venue

Caterer

Photographer (just sent the deposit today!)

Bridesmaids, flower girl and ringbearer asked

Band (FI’s brother’s band)

That’s all so far. I feel like I’m doing ok on the big things, but when it comes to the details like colors, decor, dresses, etc I keep changing my mind! I think I’ve narrowed it down to an aqua-y blue with gold accents as the main colors, with pink and white peonies. At this point I’m thinking I want to DIY my flowers–I found a pick-your-own flower farm about an hour and a half away from me that grows peonies. I also want to sew blue chevron table runners, but I might change  my mind about that and just do plain white linens. I think I’m going to try to make a mood board with my current favorite things so I can get a better idea of how they’ll look together,

Does anybody know how far in advance you need to put a deposit down for rentals? I already know what company I’m using and met with their wedding person to get an idea of what I’d need and how much things cost, but I’m thinking I can wait a few months before I fork over any money. I’m trying to space out my spending a little.

Post # 54
193 posts
Blushing bee

Hey all Just sent out my save the dates.. mostly because it is a holiday weekend and out of town for most people.. haven’t done much else really have to start looking for some tent rental companies.. 

How’s everybody else doing?

Post # 56
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi ladies, congrats to you all! We have set our date for May 25, 2013…so exciting!! We are getting married in Ohio. I have found that I’ve had to get a move on things quickly, with our wedding being over the holiday weekend. We have booked the church, reception hall, photographer, DJ, limo bus, hair lady, and we have blocked off rooms at hotels for our out-of-town guests. Our next task is the flowers. I actually had a hard time finding hotels that had enough rooms open that weekend (I couldn’t believe that some of them were booked up for May 2013 ALREADY!) If you haven’t done that yet, I would recommend looking into that in the next few months. The limo place we are going with also said that they have dates booked in June 2013 already. I have picked out the bridesmaids dresses and bought my dress. Our colors are cornflower blue and silver. We are getting our engagement photos taken in July and plan to send out save the dates shortly after we get the pics back. When are you all planning on sending your save the dates (if you are)?

Congratulations again, I’m excited for all of us! πŸ™‚

Post # 57
185 posts
Blushing bee

I am getting married May 25 2013.  So far I have put down deposits for my venue, photographer, DJ and videographer.  I bought my dress and we have our wedding bands.  This summer I am taking engagement pics and I’m planning to send out my save-the-dates in early September.  I will also do my bridesmaid dresses this summer — maybe in August?

I feel like I have done so much, but that there is still so much to do! 

Post # 58
945 posts
Busy bee

I think I am slacking here haha..I’ve put a deposit on the venue, taken engagement pictures…umm trying on dresses this weekend..that is about it! Oops

Post # 59
19 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is planned for May 18, 2013! So far I’ve signed the contract for the reception site and gotten my church reserved. Yesterday I talked to a photographer I really like so hopefully I’ll get that sealed up soon too! And I ordered my Save the Date magnets yesterday. I got an awesome vistaprint groupon and ended up only pay $3 for them! Next big item on my list is dress shopping πŸ™‚

Post # 61
7 posts
Newbee

Hi may 2013 brides!!

iam from London…. i have booked mine 25th may 2013, pretty much booked everything including venue, video, photographer, most of the decorations, currently looking for my dress at the moment, i have enzoani Dakota in mind its not a new collection but i like it

The topic ‘OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors