(Closed) OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(

posted 9 years ago in May 2013
Post # 62
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@Romantigua:  Most of my friends booked the limo 4-5 months ahead of time, but some of them had told me that they had a hard time finding limo buses for their June weddings, so I wanted to get a jump on it. Plus, booking it this early allowed us to shop around a little bit to find the best deal (they can get expensive!). I am in medical school and have board exams and residency interviews coming up this summer and early fall, so I had to get a big jump on most of the big stuff since I will be MIA for a few months, lol. Good luck with the dress shopping!! πŸ™‚

Post # 64
49 posts
Newbee

I was also wondering where all the May 2013 brides were. Im May 18!!! So far ive accomplished…

Ceremony Site

Reception Site

My dress

My shoes

Bridesmaid dress picked out

Cater

Photographer

DJ

STD & Invitations picked out

Made ribbon wands

Post # 66
526 posts
Busy bee

Another May 25, 2013 bride here!!! It’s great there are so many of us, and it seems like everyone is very far ahead of the planning game – I thought I was going so fast, but it looks like I’m right on schedule with everyone else. I am in Massachusetts and have many connections to local vendors, the planning process has been easy!

So far, I have the following things done:

Ceremony/Reception Site booked and deposit paid

Caterer booked and deposit paid

Photographer booked and deposit paid

Florist booked and deposit paid

My dress

My shoes (two pairs – heels and glitter toms for dancing!)

Bridesmaid dresses picked out

STD & Invitations picked out and designed

Centerpiece vases collected and purchased (vintage milk glass)

In addition to the wedding here in Massachusetts, the very next Saturday (June 1) we are hosting a reception in Madrid, Spain for family and friends over there (my family is from Spain) so we have been busy planning that wedding as well!

Post # 67
1893 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m May 24!!! YAAAYYY May brides!!! I bought my dress even before we picked a date!! HA, venue and ceremony site are booked, Bridesmaid or Best Man dress picked out, photographer booked, cupcake maker booked, dj will be booked this week along with ordering STD.

Post # 68
1893 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@graygodess20:  OHHH and i obviously have my shoes, veil and jewelery! Laughing

Post # 69
49 posts
Newbee

It took me forever to find my dress! I tried on probably 65 dresses and went to 4 different stores. Then i ended up buying my dress online since it was an online only dress and love it. I knew exactly want I wanted and didnt want to settle for anything less.

Everyone keeps saying I wont have anything left to do months before my wedding, which is the plan! I want to be stress free and not worry about thing! =)

Post # 70
296 posts
Helper bee

I’m a May 2013 bride!! May 19th, to be exact. πŸ™‚ We booked our venue, bought my gown, have a photographer (cousin from another state is doing it as a wedding gift), a friend is going to be our DJ, bouquets picked out (just need to find an affordable florist), had our engagement photos taken and now working on our save the dates, and been cupcaking tasting

Post # 71
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

wow, i feel really behind !!! we’re looking at venues still but I hope to have one booked by the end of the month, but now i’m getting a bit worried !! it’s time to get to work ! 

Post # 72
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

May 18th, 2013 here! So far we have the church, venue, caterer booked. We also have the photographer booked. I have my dress, my jewelry, my veil and I have asked my bridesmaids. We have picked out purple and silver as our colours.

When do I need to hire a florist and hairdresser? And when should we send out save-the-dates?

Post # 73
776 posts
Busy bee

Hey May Girls! We’re May 31, 2013..

So far we’ve booked

Ceremony Venue

Reception Venue

Bakery for cake

DJ

Photographer

One of the bands for the reception

And I bought my reception dress

Monday I go to try on wedding dressess. Whooo!!!  πŸ™‚

Post # 74
65 posts
Worker bee

I finally found where I need to bee! A May 2013 bride. (May the fourth be with you)

So far we have:

Reception booked

Ceremony booked

Hotels blocked off

Bridesmaids asked

Groomsmen half asked πŸ˜‰

Guest list done

Save the Dates sent

Invites ordered

Bridal party gifts ordered

Out of Town bags started

Photographer, DJ, Makeup, Hair, and Baker booked

Wedding dress and reception dress bought

Whew… did I miss anything? There’s still ALOT to do though. I’m handmaking most of everything else so we’ll see how long I stay on task with school and kids. πŸ˜€ We have an appt to check out a caterer on Wed. Keep your fingers crossed it goes well. We really want these guys.

How’s everyone else coming along?

Post # 75
9 posts
Newbee

I feel so behind, hahaha!

So far we have:

• Booked and deposit in for ceremony/reception location (also includes Catering/Cake/Photography)
  • Room block set up
  • Bridesmaids/Groomsmen asked
  • Ring bearer asked (and accepted!)
  • Flower girl tentatively asked
  • Save the Dates designed, waiting to order
  • Home reception site choosen, waiting on contract

Still need to do:

• Everything else!!

The topic ‘OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors