(Closed) OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(

posted 9 years ago in May 2013
Post # 77
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m a May 2013 bride! Specifically May 10th, a Friday…at first I was sad that I couldn’t have my dream venue on a Saturday night, but now I’m okay with it. For some reason all venues here were filled every Saturday in 2013! I couldn’t believe it! Anyone else run into this problem?

So far wepicked reserved the venue, bought my dress, decided on wedding colors ( yellow and grey), sent save the dates, made a couple decorations including  my bouquets and centerpieces…that may be all…I feel pretty ahead of the game, but I’m a teacher so I want to get a lotthis it done this summer while I have the time instead of during the school year. 

What are other thingsowe should be doing now that I have somefree time? Did dons find anything extremely time consuming?

Post # 79
16 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Romantigua:  For some reason ours isn’t ant cheaper…that would make me feel better about it, but oh we’ll! Our guest list got a little outoff control…We ended up inviting 250, so I’m hoping a Friday wedding will keep the turnout a little lower!

Have you started looking for dresses? I think that was the best part so far! I felt amazing in every dress I tried on. Weddinredressed have away of making every body shape look beautiful!

Post # 80
1023 posts
Bumble bee

We planned our wedding in 6 months – you’ve got plenty of time!
Though, good for you for getting a move on things!

Post # 81
1595 posts
Bumble bee

So far we have:

• Booked Venue (includes catering/alcohol etc)
  • Picked STD’s
  • Booked Band- MOST important thing IMO besides the venue (how can you have a wedding with bad music!!!?)
  • Went dress shopping but in absolutely no rush yet
  • Reached out to bridesmaids (all 9 said yes!)
  • Looked at bridesmaid colors/dresses

Post # 82
208 posts
Helper bee

I’m shooting for May 25, 2013 as well.  We are waiting for approval from our venue (an ampitheater in a local state park), and we have the deposits and reception venue on hold until we hear from our ceremony venue.  I also have done the following:

1.  Ordered my wedding gown from Dressilyme!  I’ve seen their work in person, so I know they’ll do a good job.  I’m having it custom made.

2.  Picked out my bridesmaid dresses (two of my maids are currently preggo, so I’m not sure how the ordering will work out)

3.  Wedding colors picked (pastel green, pastel pink)

4.  Decided to do silk bouquets instead of fresh flowers (no florist)

5.  Picked out my bridesmaids (obviously)

6.  Groomsmen have been picked

7.  Flower girls and ring bearer have been picked

8.  Picked out our reception meal choices

9.  Begun thinking about decorations for ceremony and reception venue (I want to sew my own tulle bench-back covers for the ceremony (would take a lot of work but I think the overall look would be worth it).  I will also be attempting to fold 1000 cranes and hang them around the ceremony site.

10.  I have my veil.  It’s a mantilla and it’s beautiful.

11.   Begun shopping for a house

12.  Decided we will wait one sexless week before the wedding

13.  Got a photographer (my brother)

14.  Decided where to register (but won’t do that until December or so)

I’m sure there are a lot of other little things we decided too.  Our wedding will be on the cheap.  FH’s parents are deceased, and I was raised in poverty by a single mother.  Neither FH nor I hold particularly lucrative jobs, so we’re paying for everything by ourselves.  Still, I want it to be a pretty event.

Post # 84
208 posts
Helper bee

Romantigua- I’ve gotten started and have 50 cranes done.  It’s not very hard, but it’s very tedious.  Oh well, I have 11 months to do them.  I’ll do it.  And if I don’t, I have some alternatives in mind. 🙂

We’re in the very early stages.  We’re practically in love with this house we call “Mexico House”.  It’s made of stucco, of course, and just has that Mexico flavor that is hard to find here in Wisconsin.  We’re going to be heading to a few banks and credit unions in the coming weeks to get pre-approved.  FH is excellent with money.  I have a lot of debt, but a credit rating in the ‘excellent’ category (student loans are a bulk of my debt, and it stinks that it counts against me instead of for me).  It’ll be a process.  I am super excited, though, to find the home I get to start my married life in!

Post # 86
5 posts
Newbee

Our Wedding is May 25th. Already feels like time is moving fast! So far:

• Deposit made on ceremony and reception venue
  • Decided on Blush, Ivory and Gold colors

A Lot to be completed…

Post # 87
43 posts
Newbee

First weddingbee post… and I’m already feeling like I am slacking! We are getting married on May 18th, 2013!! 

So far we have:

Church booked

Reception venue booked

Photographer booked (this was the most important thing to me!)

Tenative menu options decided

Guest list (almost) finalized

Asked bridal party

Engagement pictures set for fall (my favorite season)

We have looked into lots of things, like flower vendors, bridesmaid dresses/swatches etc. but I have not made any other decisions…. time to get moving I guess!! I am hoping to wait until September to look for my dress, do you think that is too late?! I feel like I am behind compared to some of you ladies here!!

Post # 88
50 posts
Worker bee

Hey May Brides!

I’m having my wedding split into two days, May 25th will be the ceremony and May 26th will be the reception. So far I booked our venues for both days, booked a photographer, got both of my dresses for the reception, bought my ceremony shoes, took engagement pictures and sent out save the dates. I know this may be a little bad, but I’m taking a break until September. By then I’ll have paid both deposits for my dresses and start working on my ceremony outfit (which I will be designing myself). I’ve also started to design my Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. We are currently in the process of looking for a videogapher and DJ. Hopefully they should be booked in the next couple of weeks. After thats settled, I’m going to start working on the details like centerpieces, linens, favors, etc.

Post # 89
208 posts
Helper bee

Wow, you guys are doing great!  We’ve finally gotten confirmed for both our ceremony location and reception location.  Deposit was put down for ceremony location, and we’ll be signing the contract soon for the reception, and putting down that deposit. Next, we’ll be stalking our favorite pastor in hopes that he will officiate, and then signing up a DJ.  I think after that, it’s all decoration/itty bitty things.

Post # 90
4099 posts
Honey bee

I just booked my photog! All I have left is my DJ to book!

Post # 91
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Just got engaged 2 weeks ago, havent started anything.. planning may 2013 wedding. 

The topic ‘OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors