I’m shooting for May 25, 2013 as well. We are waiting for approval from our venue (an ampitheater in a local state park), and we have the deposits and reception venue on hold until we hear from our ceremony venue. I also have done the following:
1. Ordered my wedding gown from Dressilyme! I’ve seen their work in person, so I know they’ll do a good job. I’m having it custom made.
2. Picked out my bridesmaid dresses (two of my maids are currently preggo, so I’m not sure how the ordering will work out)
3. Wedding colors picked (pastel green, pastel pink)
4. Decided to do silk bouquets instead of fresh flowers (no florist)
5. Picked out my bridesmaids (obviously)
6. Groomsmen have been picked
7. Flower girls and ring bearer have been picked
8. Picked out our reception meal choices
9. Begun thinking about decorations for ceremony and reception venue (I want to sew my own tulle bench-back covers for the ceremony (would take a lot of work but I think the overall look would be worth it). I will also be attempting to fold 1000 cranes and hang them around the ceremony site.
10. I have my veil. It’s a mantilla and it’s beautiful.
11. Begun shopping for a house
12. Decided we will wait one sexless week before the wedding
13. Got a photographer (my brother)
14. Decided where to register (but won’t do that until December or so)
I’m sure there are a lot of other little things we decided too. Our wedding will be on the cheap. FH’s parents are deceased, and I was raised in poverty by a single mother. Neither FH nor I hold particularly lucrative jobs, so we’re paying for everything by ourselves. Still, I want it to be a pretty event.