(Closed) OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(

posted 8 years ago in May 2013
Post # 107
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@Soon2BeMrs7913:  We ordered from bulk candy store, I did a lot of price comparisons and for the candy we purchased, they were the cheapest and the shipping was only 9.99. I’m not worried about shelf life, we bought mostly hard candy and gummies, and they’ll be stored in our basement. I don’t see it was being much different than the supplier storing it.

Thanks for the link to the ties, we ended up buying some at Macy’s today. They were on sale, and the lady gave me an additional 25% off presale for Wednesday, I just have to wait until then to actually leave the store with them.

Post # 108
208 posts
Helper bee

Omg, it is finally getting closer! I still am not sure when to have my hair and makeup trial.  I thought I might schedule it for April.

i have been buying things for my “candy bar” too.  It is a lot of fun!

I am just so ready to do this thing.  I do not want to wait anymore!  I have everything but programs ready, and will be mailing invites asap.

Anyone else done, mostly, and tired of waiting?

Post # 109
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I have done most of it and am tired of waiting for the responses! will mail the invitations out this Friday.  If I had not done all this work, would just elope and get it over with.

boy is the honeymoon going to be great!

Post # 110
184 posts
Blushing bee

Hey guys, I’m getting married in May (as are a lot of the endagered species blogger bees) and I’ve been spending every weekend freaking out about things that need to get done. I’m also a teacher who typically spends time at work until 6:00pm (or I’m at the gym) and it is SO HARD for me to contact vendors or other people to make appointments or get quotes (for a cake, for instance). It’s so frustrating because most places are closed on the weekends.

Anyway, just thought I would pop in here and say hello (and share some frustrations). We will get it done ladies!!

Post # 111
193 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Miss Camel:  I definitely feel you on hours.. my next two months are gonna be monday-saturday 7am-9pm.. it’s going to be rough so i’ve been trying to get basically everything done this month

Post # 112
752 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Miss Camel:  I’ve found for cakes, it was easy enough to schedule tastings via email, luckily the one we went with did tastings on Sundays since most won’t do it on Saturdays :/

I started getting super stressed about all the stuff I had to do, I was keeping it all in my head and ended up having three nightmares in two weeks about showing up for the wedding and nothing being there!

My mom told me to write all my tasks down, it’s helped SO much! I don’t even think about it anymore. I use Trello, a free website with app to make different lists, assign tasks to people (like if Fiance needed to get addresses to me) and you can add due dates so you can stay on schedule. I love it. Now, when I remember something I need to do, I just open the app and add it to the wedding board I have.

I felt a lot less frazzled once I started doing that.

The topic ‘OMG, where are my May 2013 brides?? we are slacking :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors