(Closed) OMG PRICE of FLOWERS! R U KIDDING ME?! Advice Please:)

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 62
702 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MsGolightly:  looks lovely, i’ve saved it for Inspiration. Many thanks 🙂

Post # 63
797 posts
Busy bee

I did my own flowers from Costco – bouquets, centerpieces, ceremony arrangements, everything. Keep in mind it was asecond wedding and very small, casual, outdoor wedding in my backyard so I was not stressed at all. Our goal with our wedding was to have it be really fun, more like a party than a formal wedding and we set our budget based on disposable cash we had in our checking accounts when we got engaged. My first wedding was high end, luxe all the way – what a waste of money, this time around more focus on fun than five star. I actually enjoyed putting the arrangements together but I am very crafty and was not a high stress bride.  I spent about $700 in flowers – roses, lilies, hypericum berries and hydrangea.  The hypericum berries were more expensive than the roses but I just love them. I ordered too many flowers but I figured better to have too many than not enough. Everything turned out really well, so well that guests wanted to take home all of the arrangements which I was totally for – leaving for our honeymoon anyway, someone hold enjoy them but I had used my family’s heirloom sterling silver vases, candelabras, etc and to this day it still haunts me if I gave some of my mother’s silver away by mistake. I hope that a guest would return it if that is the case but they truly may not have been aware of the how valuable the vases are. I would recommend that you use a vase that you are willing to give away and if you have a really predefined idea of what you want your flowers to be or are going to stress about doing your own flowers I would not recommend it. If you are more flexible, are crafty and have the time and storage to put the arrangements together two days beforehand, go for it! I hope that helps, best wishes!

The topic ‘OMG PRICE of FLOWERS! R U KIDDING ME?! Advice Please:)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors