(Closed) On a budget…. Honeymoon in June/July 2010… Any Ideas?

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

We are just going to stay a couple of days at our venue. It is at Thornewood Castle and it is also a B&B. It is rumored to be haunted too, so we will see. We will have full access to the castle and the grounds while we are there, and because we are having our wedding and reception there, we are getting a discount on the room.

Post # 4
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I don’t know how far you want to go…but Montreal is fabulous in the summer.  I used to live there, and there are so many festivals going on in the summer.  Especially around that time there is the jazz festival.  Basically the whole city centre shuts down for free concerts in the parks/on the streets/beside fountains.  It’s amazing.  And I should say that ‘jazz’ is a loose term…there’s huge variety of styles of musics + street theatre + events galore.  You can pay to go to the very expensive concerts, but there’s a ton of free stuff there as well.  Plus, you get a European vibe from the city while not paying to go to Europe.  If you are at all interested in food, culture, or shopping, you should look into Montreal.^^

Post # 5
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We’re going to Costa Rica in May 2010.  We’re budgeting for $2000 for 7 days and it looks like we’ll be right on budget.  We’re not staying in any luxury hotels, but we are staying in some cool spots that are really affordable.  The summer is their rainy season, so I don’t know if it’s going to be a good idea in June/July, but i thought I would share!

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I think we are going to try to fly from FL to Maine and see the coast up there.  Its something we probably would never just take the time to do so this is probably a good shot at doing it.  We are hoping that mid June it is nice weather up there. 

Being from FL we wanted to try to do something non-beachy.  However, the idea of a cruise is really intriging because it is all planned out and easy to do. 

Post # 7
1801 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We are doing a “tour” of California.  We’re doing a bunch of Southwest’s one-way flights that are dirt cheap in the summer.  We’ll fly into San Francisco and then rent a car to head to wine country for 3 days before coming back to San Francisco for a day.  Then we’re flying to LA to do a day at Disney.  Disney’s doing that new One Day program you can sign up for on their website.  You do a day of community service and get a ticket to the park for free.  So there’s a freebie in the honeymoon.  We’re wrapping things up in San Diego before catching a one-way flight home to OKC.

Post # 8
126 posts
Blushing bee

All inclusive Costa Rican package for $3700/2 people/1week.

http://www.mytropicalhoneymoon.com. They take care of absolutely everything for you and it is jam packed with stuff; trail guides, private chefs, tours, massages, photographer.

pretty cool.

Not sure where you are coming from, but if the flight price is too much Jamaica has some nice packages and Mexico always seems to have a lot. Things have quieted down there at bit it seems.

Post # 9
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I was going to suggest maybe San Fransico or Chicago.  You can probably get cheap flights and find great deals through Hotels.com.  Have you tired working with a travel agent for Hawaii?  They may be able to find some good deals through travel companies.

Post # 10
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We went to Seattle for a couple of days because we were able to score tickets from DC for less than tickets to San Fran, Victoria, Montreal, etc.  We had been planning to go to Chincoteague Island, but the week after our wedding is the annual pony penning, and everything was super expensive and totally sold out.

Post # 11
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Hi! I’m also an AZ bride getting maried in June! What part of AZ are you in?

We are also trying to keep our honeymoon to around 3k. So far our best luck has been on bookit.com. I selected all inclusive resorts, and one that seemed to be a pretty good deal is the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya resort in Mexica. For 7 days, including airefare, the price is about $3062.00, they have a five day sale going on right now, but I have a feeling they will have a lot of sales. Trip Advisor has good reviews of it and everything is included so you don’t have to worry about money for the trip! That’s what we’re leaning towards right now…

Post # 12
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2005

We love Kauai—so green and beautiful.  Did you try sites like Orbitz.com for Hawaii?  We got a great package with them last time.  Also check out saveonaloha.com.  They have lots of deals listed.

The topic ‘On a budget…. Honeymoon in June/July 2010… Any Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors