(Closed) on honeymoon how do you use your passport w your single name

posted 9 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

You book your plane tickets using your maiden name as stated on your passport. The ticket and the passport name MUST match.

The only way to book your honeymoon with your married name is if you do not book your plane tickets until a couple months after your wedding and after you legally change your name on your passport to your married name.

Post # 4
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Your married name will not be legal until after the wedding, when you actually fill out the paperwork for the social security office, DMV, etc…  Even if you put your new married name somewhere on the marriage license (I had to put what I wanted my name to be after the wedding) you still have to go through all the steps to get your name changed officially.  The marriage license is just your proof that you have a legal reason to change your name.  So you’ll continue to use your maiden name after the wedding until you actually go in and do all the rest of the paperwork.  Does that make sense?  🙂

Post # 5
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

It takes a while for your name to change doesn’t it? I think I remember my sister saying it was the biggest pain in the butt ever and she kept having to go back to the DMV because they kept telling her she had the wrong documentation. She still kept her maiden name for honeymoon travel ect..

Post # 6
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Oakland Manor

OOOO, Mrs. Spring, I’m glad you posted that.  My brain just never put it all together! I mean, how would they know there is a marriage cert with my married name on it when all my identificationis in my maiden. thanks!

Post # 7
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

Technically your name change and marriage certificate hasn’t processed yet, so (sadly) you’ll have to go by your maiden name during your honeymoon travels. I was a little bummed that I still had to check "single" on the entry/exit forms in Mexico on our honeymoon….

Post # 8
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

My travel agent said you don’t use your married name until you come home. you have to get yoru license changed, your passport, etc etc before you can use them together.

Post # 9
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

yep, you have to wait until after the honeymoon and lot of paperwork, to go by your new name.

 My fiance booked my flight in my maiden name, and put my maiden for the hotels, but told them it was our honeymoon so they would still call us Mr. and Mrs. 

Post # 10
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Same here.  Booked our honeymoon in my "maiden name" (It is actually my previous married name). 

From previous, it took a while to get everything changed.  I’m a procrastinator, so I think i finally got everything changed over about three years after I was married (This was before the services that help you change things). 

Of course the moment your marry him you’re "Mrs. ilovenycmissie", but officially you’re not until you do all the legwork.  Sorry.

Post # 12
5822 posts
Bee Keeper

I would still check "married" on your forms!  You’re going by your maiden name, that doesn’t mean you need paperwork to show why your last names don’t match.

The topic ‘on honeymoon how do you use your passport w your single name’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors