(Closed) On or around 04/25/2009

posted 10 years ago in April 2009
Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

Aprill 2009 bride here!!!

Its going fairly well. I got about half of the stuff done. I have my dress and the girls are ordering theirs by the end of this month.

If your BMs havent ordered theirs yet, or you havent ordered your dress yet, you may want to do that quickly. The bridal shop I talked to said they start back ordering a lot of stuff at the begining of the year because they  are order things for the spring and summer brides.

I got the location for the wedding and recpetion done and I also have the ministor.

I need to decide on flowers (types, and silk or real), trim down the guest list and send out invitaitons. Also need to get a photographer and pick out a bakery. Then I need to just get a few things to decorate the deck where we are having the reception. Of course there is the little picky things like garter, shoes, rose petals…

My fiancee and I stil have to sit down and plan the honeymoon. We know we are going to Austin, and thats about it.

LOL So right now Im not freaking out too bad, I was a few days ago about shoes, but the bees helped me decide!

How are you doing? It will turn out fine! Just remember to breath and try and take some friends with you on some of the errands. That should help you be less stressed and you get to spend time with your girls!

Post # 5
365 posts
Helper bee

So don’t have me, but we’re almost done.  I had my first fitting at the end of November, my Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are in and they’re doing their first fittings in January.  We’ve picked out tux styles.  Invitations are printed and waiting to go out.  We’ve booked our venue (obviously), photographer, and officiant.  We’ve chosen our florist and baker for the cake (although I’m still trying to decide what flavors to go with).  We’ll sign our contract with our DJ after the first of the year.  I still have to find shoes.  A relative is doing my hair, and a co-worker is hiring a makeup artist as a wedding present.  We still have to get our wedding rings.  Attendant gifts are done.  We don’t have a timeline, so that’s what I’ll probably be working on next – that & making decisions about music.  

Before you think I’m totally OCD, the reason so much of the planning is done already is this: I work in retail & Fiance works for a major airline.  This means the holidays are crazy busy for both of us at work, not to mention trying to find time to just take a breath and enjoy the holidays at home.  Add to that, we live in Colorado, so he’s even busier at work because of ski season.  We had to get a big chunk of planning out of the way before the busy season hit for us if only to protect any sanity we have!

Our wedding will also be April 25, 2009 

Post # 6
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m 4/25/09 and it really just hit me this weekend that it’s only 9 weeks away. We’ve had a two year engagement and it’s so exciting now that it’s finally here. Planning is doing well. I just sent off my invitations today!

Post # 8
247 posts
Helper bee

I am April 24th.  I can’t believe it is nine weeks away!  I am so not ready!  I’d better get my butt in gear!

Post # 9
178 posts
Blushing bee

I’m April 18th! Oh my! It’s all so close!

I’m working on my invites now- they’ll go out a bit late (shame, shame, shame on me), but we did Save-The-Date Cards and have a site, so hopefully the invites shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone.

I’ll have my first dress fitting on March 11th! Neeeervous!

I’m pulling together our song list for th DJ, settling the menu for the Rehearsal Dinner. We need to write the ceremony and pick music for the musicians… oh and got to get GM’s tuxes ordered! Ha. It just keeps coming to me. Have to also finalized the cake decoration and flowers, though I have both these booked, just need to make the decisions!

I hope this thread keeps pretty busy for the next couple of months! It’s great to see where we’re all sitting as far as our to-dos! 

Good luck all!

Post # 10
247 posts
Helper bee

@carrieitly

We almost chose April 18th! 

I just went for my first fitting last week.  My second one will be around the middle of March.  My invites aren’t ready yet.  I need to purchase the bridal party gifts, figure out transportation, finalize menu, get the favors, make the Out of Town bags and the programs.  I want to do it all but I also procrastinate.  If we get it all done I will be happy and if we don’t I will be still be happy to be marrying the man of my dreams!

Post # 12
36 posts
Newbee

I know!! It went by soooo fast! And I’ll be right there with you with the post-bridal sadness (PBS)!!

Things are going well. Had my first fitting Friday, working on programs and menu cards. still a bunch of little projec,t but we’re doing well!

What’s been the hardest thing on your todo list?

The topic ‘On or around 04/25/2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors