(Closed) On our rough draft guest list, we have 172 … how many people DONT rsvp

posted 9 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

i highly doubt everyone will come, but you may have people who you only invite a couple and they bring their kids, etc so you should consider that

Post # 5
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I also highly doubt they would all come. I could be wrong but I heard that you count on 10% or so not showing up and a small number that RSVP yes but are a no-show.

If you are really worried, then cut the list. Good luck!

Post # 7
2433 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Our magic number is also 150 (with the exception that children are invited to both the ceremony and reception, but they are included in that number).

We’re still waiting on RSVPs (we’re getting married the first saturday in july)

Out of 220 invited, we have: 142 coming, 30 not coming, and 57 still unknown. We’re figuring that we’re going to end up somewhere around the 160-170 mark.

Post # 8
2856 posts
Sugar bee

@MsHymanRoth — My family is the same way in that everyone has been waiting for this to happen that they all want to show up. The worst part is that I sent a save the date in February so they had more then enough time to prepare =)

Unfortunately, I am secretly hoping that some of the groom’s guests bow out. It isn’t as bad as it sounds since A LOT of the guests on the groom’s side we have never met because they are family members of his Mom’s husband. From what we were told though, the invite for them is more for courtesy… We will see though!

PS: Our magic number is 250… but the number stands at 281 invited for adults and kids. One positive note is that kids under 6 is free for us, so that works out somewhat since we are expecting 25 or so for that age group. Invites go out next week… Pray for us

Post # 10
2856 posts
Sugar bee

*sneaky, sneaky*

Post # 12
2433 posts
Buzzing bee

I should add in then that we did send Save-The-Date Cards a year in advance.. So that might be why we have so few regrets.

Post # 13
184 posts
Blushing bee

Our magic number was 150 too.  We sent out 180 and got about 110 coming.  A little less than we wanted, but it should work out well.

Post # 14
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

We invited 227 people and had 172 total at our wedding.  Most of the regrets were people who live out of town who we knew probably couldn’t make it.  Just keep in mind that most of the regrets come in later, so don’t freak out if all of your early responses are of people who are attending 🙂  In the last week before our RSVP deadline, most of the replies were regrets at that point!

The topic ‘On our rough draft guest list, we have 172 … how many people DONT rsvp’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors