(Closed) On the fence about this e-ring… please help! (really pic heavy!)

posted 9 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which ring do you like better?
    Ring 1 - Round with cushion setting (please explain why) : (115 votes)
    47 %
    Ring 2 - Round solitaire on pave setting (please explain why) : (132 votes)
    53 %
  • Post # 62
    63 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

My favourite is the second one but both of them are gorgeous. You also have amazing slender hands & fingers so I think you can pull anything off! xxx

Post # 63
    18 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I personally think that the 1st ring is very trendy (trendy in the sense that it’s a very popular style right now). Don’t get me wrong, the first ring is beautiful – I just know a LOT of people who are choosing rings with halos because they are flashier than a classic style. I personally think a lot of people pick them because they think, the bigger the ring, the better (and the halo tends to make it look bigger).

I personnaly think the second ring is a much more classic style that will age better (it’s a timeless design).

…just my opinion!

Post # 64
    132 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

i like the 2nd ring more–i like both rings but i feel like the 1st ring is too bulky and may read as costume jewelry

a friend of mine has a diamond engagement ring very similar to #1, everyone assumes it’s like a cocktail ring she bought at claires! It’s very pretty but so over the top that no one knows it’s actually an engagement ring

Post # 65
    2281 posts
    Buzzing bee

I love ring #2 on your hand ! That one gets my vote ! 

Post # 66
    69 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

They are both very pretty, but I LOVE ring # 1!

Post # 67
    2884 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I like the first ring most. It has a much better presence on the finger, and I don’t mind the gap.

Honestly, I think the second ring looks more bulky, because the center isn’t super huge, but the band is really large and bulky looking.

Post # 68
    1234 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I voted for ring #1.  Personally, I like the look of the gap and I love the look of the engagement ring.  However, ring #2 is also stunning, so just choose whichever one you are most comfortable with because they are both gorgeous and you can’t make a wrong decision here 🙂

Post # 69
    317 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I picked ring #2 I liked ring #1 until i saw the side view, it looks cheap to me.

Post # 70
    1790 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

my personal opinion, i think halos will look very dated before long. solitaires will remain classically beautiful!

The topic ‘On the fence about this e-ring… please help! (really pic heavy!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors