(Closed) ONE GOOD PIC OUT OF 400 PICS TAKEN :( GET A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER!

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 17
5950 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2018

You know, photoshop is an amazing program, I think a good editor with the right program can gussy up some of the shots that you aren’t thrilled with…the point is the subjects are great, so everything else is filters and cropping…don’t dispar!  Get digital copies!

Post # 18
4369 posts
Honey bee

I’m confused. Are you happy with the pictures or not?

Post # 20
4369 posts
Honey bee

@HappyHoneyBee:  Did you compromise when you hired your photographer? Also, was it not a pro– a handful out of 400 pictures is a very low rate.

Post # 21
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would agree that the portrait is good, but the ceremony shot is not – composition isn’t great and it’s quite dark (it looks like something I might take!). If you really only have a few good ones, I’d look into getting some compensation or at the very least, another photo shoot (free of charge) for you and your husband.

Post # 24
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2006

@Nona99:  Photoshop is an amazing program, and it can be used to enhance a good photo to being a great photo.  It’s not magic, and I most definitely disagree that all you need is good subjects and the rest is cropping and filters.  Composition and knowledge of light is the secret to good photos.

@HappyHoneyBee:  Making a post about the benefits of hiring a good photographer is good karma for you, and benefits both hardworking photographers and brides who may not have considered the benefits of hiring a professional.  But none of it does any good unless you also include your story.  You don’t have to name names, but providing some details about your experience can be invaluable.

The topic ‘ONE GOOD PIC OUT OF 400 PICS TAKEN :( GET A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors