Post # 1
I am having two bridesmaids, my sister and his sister. We had a 2nd ‘christmas’ a few days ago and his sister announced that she was prgnant and was due the end of August (we get married 1st May).
I am thrilled for her, she will make a brilliant Mum! She was so worried about telling me, thinking I would be mad at her, Im not at all and I still want her to be my bridesmaid.
We had already bought the dresses and she says she will pay to get it refitted closer to the wedding and thats fine, but im just wondering if we would be better off buying her another dress, maybe in a maxi dress style.
This is the dress (on my sister)
Im unsure if it can be altered to accomodate a baby bump.
Do your think it would be better to buy something like this :
I dont want to offend his sister by suggesting a different dress, our sisters chose the dress together and they both love it.
What do you bees think?
Should i suggest anything or just let her try and get the dress altered?
Thanks in advance.
Post # 3
My sister ended up being 7 months pregnant for my wedding. We went back to david’s bridal and they actually exchanged the dress to a bigger size with no issue. However, we already had an empire waist style so it wasn’t a real issue. You may want to suggest a change, but the dress you picked might work. I would ask the dress shop what they think. Lots of them have baby bumps to try on with dresses.
Post # 4
I had an 8 month pregnant bridesmaid who ended up wearing flip-flops because her shoes were impossible to fit into. As for the dress, we knew this way ahead of time that she was going to be very pregnant at my wedding so we opted to buy the same color material that the other girls dresses were made from and found someone to actually make her a similar style dress to match the rest of the girls which luckily were two piece dresses. The skirt had an ugly brown stretchy panel across her belly, and the top obviously covered the panel. It cost us a little more but it was important to me to have all the girls in a similar style and shade of dress. I paid for the fabric, and she paid for the actual making of the dress. We felt it was a good compromise since I was the one that wanted it to match better. I also had my sister-in-law who was suppose to be an usher unable to attend because she had to have an emergency c-section the day before my wedding and had my nephew 6 weeks early 🙂
Post # 5
In May she will only be 5 mos. so she shouldn’t be huge. She will be just starting to show. I would think the first dress could be altered.
Post # 6
I think that dress could still work, it would obviously just be tighter in the mid-section.
Post # 7
I would discuss with her and let her choose what she wants to do! She might feel more comfortable in a dress that is loose and one she doesn’t have to worry about! Or she might feel confident enough that the dress already decided on can still work! I am going through the same thing my sister will be about five months pregnant with TWINS! So we’ve discussed she might be HUGE and I’v tried to be flexible as the bride and just say any black dress she feels comfortable in will work. Good luck!