(Closed) One week til the wedding: let the obsession with Weather.com begin…

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
Member
9917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@likelimeade:  I ordered a bigger tent than absolutely necessary just in case we have to do everything in the tent…oh man…I am not there yet but I will definitely be checking weather.com like every free minute the week before my wedding!!

Post # 4
Member
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@likelimeade:  Oh I’ve been stalking it since Wednesday….bad move on my part. I have cloudy with 60% chance of rain on one site, 40% chance on another but on either side of it sunny and no rain for Friday & Sunday.  So based on what I’m seeing, I need a shift of just a day in either direction.  But that too may change!!! I’m going to be a hot mess for the next week.  We have an outdoor ceremony in an open wrought iron gazebo on the beach which is my subsitute for a beach wedding in St. Thomas.  I don’t know how I will handle having to move it inside, God forbid. It won’t be pretty.  I told Fiance that if we have to renew our vows in the Caribbean every year until I get my beach wedding so be it.

Post # 5
Member
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

yep, I’m looking forward to doing some weather staking in a few days.  If it says rain I will freak!  (My ceremony is outside and I really hope it doesn’t rain!) 

4 more days until the weather stalking begins! 

Post # 6
Member
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh my  – this was SO me last year. I had like 5 different weather sites bookmarked and checked them obsessively. A word of caution: They WILL change every 5 minutes and drive you bananas.

THe night of our rehearsal dinner was gorgeous and it called for sun the next day. I went to bed happy, woke up and checked my phone to see RAIN forecasted. How it changed in 6 hours I’ll never know! It was pouring that morning (downpour, hurricane style winds that we had to tarp the open wall of our reception tent facing hte water b/c our tables were getting soaked). I cried a bit, got my hair done, and by 3pm the rain had cleared up. Our outdoor ceremony on my parent’s front porch was for 5, and LITERALLY as I was getting my dress on (at 4:45, lol) the sun appeared. It turned out to be the perfect night and everything went as planned. 

Hopefully it calls for sunny skies all week for you! 

Post # 7
Member
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I decided I’m going to track all forecasts for the day until the wedding to see how accurate these yokels are. I have the week off so I candevote plenty of time to my new obsession!!!  

I’m currently stalking:

weather.gov

accuweather.com

wunderground.com

weather.com

Any others????????

 

Post # 8
Member
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’ve been counting the days until I can check the weather! Today was the first day I could see what they are predicting on the 14 day trend. Right now they are saying a high of 25, and isolated showers. I can live with that, as long as there aren’t any downpours!

Post # 10
Member
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Haha i’m doing it too! Right now we’re at 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy (yes! good for pics) and a high of 78. I’ll take it!

Post # 11
Member
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@likelimeade:  Multiple sites are not necessarily a good thing!  I just had a breakdown over the accuweather foreacast and have permanently banned them from my list of sites to stalk.  I mean I was literally hysterical crying over it for about 10 minutes!

I really just need to stop the weather stalking for the next week and think postive sunny dry thoughts.  I’ll even take cloudy I just want DRY!

Post # 12
Member
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m very jealous of yalls forecasts! I was just reading them outloud for my sister and we are so envious! Our high for today is 102!!! Hope it doesn’t rain on any of yalls beautiful outside weddings! Lets hope it cools down before mine! Haha!!

Post # 13
Member
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Update:  Accuweather is my friend again, wunderground got kicked to the curb last night.

I am usually a logical person and I KNOW I SHOULDN’T be weather stalking and I see the evidence in front of me of how weather really is a crapshoot, but I can’t stop looking!

Post # 14
Member
2209 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@likelimeade:  Yes! Me! We are getting married on the same day and both in Chicago!!! Where is your wedding?!?

Post # 15
Member
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I did it.  I broke up with all the weather sites I’ve been stalking. I closed all 5 tabs that I had open in my browser.  I’m just going to focus on bright dry thoughts for the next few days. 😀

Post # 16
Member
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I will focus on bright dry thoughts for you girls, because I know when my time comes I am going to be an OBSESSIVE weather stalker. 

The topic ‘One week til the wedding: let the obsession with Weather.com begin…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors