- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2015
I get married on the 21st and up until about a week ago everything was running pretty much to plan. Now despite our best laid plans everything is going wrong and I am trying desperately hard not to have a melt down but struggling to keep it together. This week we’ve had the following;
1) Bridesmaids dresses arrived and didn’t fit. They really looked awful, unwearable. My Maid/Matron of Honor has saved the day by persuading a local alterations firm to fix them at short notice. We won’t see them until Tuesday, 4 days before the wedding.
2) Our vintage campervan which is both our wedding and honeymoon vehicle isn’t running. My fiance is battling to fix the engine and get it road legal but its going to be a close run thing, we won’t know until Wednesday, 3 days before the wedding.
3) My company needs me to go on an international business trip Monday / Tuesday next week. This not only wipes out Monday and Tuesday evenings for wedding prep it takes me out of the country the week of the wedding which, as I am a complete stress head anyway, I’m finding incredibly stressful
4) My dress, having looked beautiful at final fitting, arrived and didn’t fit. The minor alteration we discussed to be made post fitting has gone wrong and I literally cant do the dress up. I called the designer yesterday evening pretty much in tears, shes had a courier collect it today and I now have to rush back for a final, final fitting on Sunday … its a 3.5 hour train ride to get to her so that wipes ot the day.
I’m trying to stay calm but its really starting to get to me now 🙁 I just wanted the last week to be calm and organised …. like that was ever going to happen!
- This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Steph77.