Post # 1
So we’ve sent out invites over a month ago with RSVP due this weekend. Only 1 RSVP came back so far. We asked online RSVP on our wedding website as it’s semi Destination Wedding and we live overseas. We have a small wedding by the way.
It’s pretty much all guys we’ve sent invites to (they are all FI’s friends). Maybe they just assume we know they are coming so just not thinking that we need confirmation or something… But most of them have live in girlfriends or fiances or wives so I would think thier girls would be monitoring what needs to be done? But maybe that’s just me.
If I knew they wouldn’t be bothering with RSVP and our invites not be seen, I wouldn’t have spent the money although not a lot!!! We could have just email…. oh well.
But we still should confirm the numbers in case someone backs out, right?
We’ll send follow up email and ask them to RSVP I guess.
Post # 3
It is aggravating but there isn’t much you can do except email or call.
Post # 4
- Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World
Yup, very annoying, but I would start calling people the week after the deadline to see what’s up with the guests. Wedding planning is like babysitting, lol…
Post # 5
many people mail their RSVPs at the last minute. Any chance your guests are from the east coast? perhaps the postal system is still delayed due to the storm?
Post # 6
@kerensa: we asked guests to rsvp online…
We could have just sent facebook invite!!! ha.
Post # 7
@gramgeek: How secure is your website, or how confident are you that it works? and can it be accessed by apple products? i often search the web on an ipad or iphone and its surprising how many sites don ‘t work for me!
at least you don’t have too many people to follow up on, right? here’s hoping you get a bunch more responses in the next week!
Post # 8
@kerensa: Yeah, luckily we don’t have so many to follow up.
I did make sure people will know to just simply contact us in case they encounter difficulty in accessing the website or can’t work out the RSVP tool. We have gotten 0 response…
Post # 9
@gramgeek: Your response rate might have something to due with the distance between your RSVP due date and your actual wedding date. A lot of people are unable to give an RSVP 4 months prior to the wedding.
Post # 10
@j_jaye: oops! sorry my wedding is in 2 months actually. I just haven’t gotten around to changing the date show up in the bee
Post # 12
People are less likely to email back RSVPs….I think it’s a less effective method because that little RSVP card isn’t laying on the table staring at them, reminding them to send it back. You’ll likely have to track people down.
Post # 13
We’re planning on a wedding website RSVP (ourwedding.com), with a final date of 5/06, even though the final numbers aren’t due to the hotel until the 12th. The RSVP card that accompanies the invitation will request this, with the wedding e-mail address, for special dietary considerations and late responses.
When they see the word “late,” I hope that guests will take the hint that we might be unable to accomodate them, if their response is late. And yes, 95% of our guests have the internet, with the remaining 5% being the older guests, whose invited children have the internet.
And we may not be able to accomodate the late responders, depending on the numbers who respond by the requested date. We might have a waiting list – who knows? We actually plan to turn-off the website’s RSVP page on the 7th. While it may sound harsh to some, being an avid reader on W/B has shown me that responses are a major source of aggravation.
We are definitely not planning to do any type of follow up. With all I’ve read on the Bee, people you have to track down just lead to aggravation; many respond no or feel pressured to say yes and then are no shows.
We may be idealistic, so I’ll let you know how it goes.
Post # 14
@BlueBellPa: Whoa…you sound harsh on your guests. Are you sure it’s just not the wedding stress getting to you? It’s rude of them to respond late, but it’s pretty awful to invite them and then leave them out.
Post # 15
@AlwaysSunny: Agreed. BluebellPa, people forget. You can’t invite someone and then tell them they’re out of luck because they forgot to log on to respond to your invitation. For what it’s worth, I always forget online RSVPs because I have no physical reminder to send it back. For me, an online RSVP is more of a headache than a help.
OP, your deadline hasn’t passed yet, and you still have a bit of time. Once it passes, start calling the non-responders to get confirmations if they’re attending or not. Enlist your Fiance to help, too, since they’re his friends!
Post # 16
I agree with abbie. I always forget to rsvp before the due date! But then again if youre inviting people who you dont even talk to often, then maybe they werent worth inviting to begin with?