Post # 1
Hoping to get some inspiration for and from Ontario brides and help other brides out when looking for venues. Websites and facebook pages only tend to showcase older pictures or not many photos of their space, so please feel free to post shots of your ceremony and reception spaces.
1. Where did you get married/will you be getting married? (Venue is helpful, city/town if you would like to share)
2. Does the venue/area nearby have a special meaning to you?
2. Are you getting married/did you marry on a special date to the two of you?
3. Did you decorate yourself or is the venue mostly decorated?
4. Any special things about your wedding day or the venue you wanted to share? (this could include reviews on the really awesome coordinator, the food, the doves you released, or pricing info if you want)
Post # 3
@jlc3: Hey there!
So I’m getting married in Whitby, at the class act dinner theatre. It’s a lovely little venue, they don’t normally do weddings, but they are slowly getting into it. The coordinator there is an old friend and he is fantastic to deal with.
We chose this venue because we are doing an old hollywood theme wedding, and a dinner theatre with a stage seemed like the perfect spot. It is entirely decorate inside, we are only adding our own centerpeices just for personal preference, but the venue is providing everything else.
The price worked perfectly for us, it is roughly $50 per person for a full buffet, full dessert buffet late at night, and circulating/stationary appetizers during cocktail hour. The bar is being paid on based on consumption, and we are estimating about $4500. We have 130 guests, and that’s close to the max that the venue can hold.