Post # 1
Our wedding is in Pittsburgh, where he grew up and I went to college, but we both live in MD now, which means about half of our guests will be coming from out of town. We’re making bags to put in their hotel rooms, kind of like "welcome to our wedding/thanks for coming all this way to celebrate with us" type things. We have some ideas of different things to put in them, like info about restaurants and things to do close to the hotel, candy and water bottles, etc. But I figured you ladies would have some awesome ideas about what other kinds of things to put in the bags. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
Post # 3
The Wiki has some great ideas, there are a few philly ideas on there:
- Tastykakes, Soft Pretzels, Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews, Yards Beer, Wissahickon Water, Directions to Tony Luke’s
- Liberty Bell postcards, Cheez Whiz, Herr’s Chips, Hershey’s kisses!
Post # 4
Sure, I’d love to share ideas that I’m doing! =)
* I’m picking up postcards of the city, and putting two in each bag. I’ll wrap a belly band around them, asking them to send one back to us (to let us how they enjoyed the weekend). The second is for a keepsake or to send to someone of their choice.
* Our hotel has free laundry for guests, so I’m providing small packets of detergent.
* We’re getting visitors guides about the city mailed to us (check with your local visitors bureau), and sticking those in the bags.
* Maps of the area, pointing out key places (best restaurants, local mall, Walmart, grocery, etc)
* Gum, candy and homemade chex mix (my mom’s is so dee-lish!)
* Microwave popcorn
* Business card (made on http://www.vistaprint.com) that says "Got Digital Photos?"…then lists our photo share website, so guests can upload their photos from the weekend.
Hope that helps you out and sparks your creativity! =)
Post # 5
I love the "Got Digital Photos" card!!!!