Post # 1
I would like to buy these clutches from Etsy for my bridesmaids. They are wearing plum dresses and my colors are plum, gold and ivory. I have a few questions for you Bees 🙂
1. Should I add the brooch to the clutch or just buy it plain? See one at the link below. Also attached a picture of other brooches that are available.
2. I can customize the lining color inside. Would it look good with plum or not?
3. Should I buy these to match the evening? They can obviously also use them later. Or should I buy them in different colors and not necessarily match the evening?
Post # 3
1. add the brooch
2. customize the lining
3. match the evening (it could be part of your wedding decor!)
Post # 4
I’d get the interior as plum, and stick with one of the more simple brooches as the pattern on the fabric is already plenty active and you don’t want it to get too busy.
Also personally I dislike making a bridesmaid’s only gift be something that’s for the ceremony; it’s like you’ve asked someone for a favor, and gifting them the tools they need to do that favor for you. So regardless of your thoughts on if the girls will use the clutches again, consider adding another gift like maybe a small, pretty makeup mirror, fancy comb, whatever, just not something that is part of your ceremony.
Post # 5
These are beautiful, I would definitely add the brooch for them 🙂
Post # 6
Those are really pretty! We have the same wedding colors except I’m doing a “sangria” purple. 🙂
1. Should I add the brooch to the clutch or just buy it plain? Add the brooch – it gives it an even more opulent feel!
2. I can customize the lining color inside. Would it look good with plum or not? – I might leave it in a cream/ivory color. I feel like the plum would be such a stark contrast to the lightness of the outside.
3. Should I buy these to match the evening? They can obviously also use them later. Or should I buy them in different colors and not necessarily match the evening? – I like that you are matching them to your wedding colors…but the question is, will this be their only gift? If it’s their only gift, you might want to consider giving them something that is unrelated (so a different color in this case) to the wedding’s overall look.
Post # 7
Thanks everyone for the comments! This is helpful! I have a hard time making that final commitment to purchase things 😉
@MsMindle and @fishbone – I completely agree. I should have specified that I will definitely be gifting them other items both wedding related and non-wedding related. This is just one of the items I was looking at 🙂