(Closed) Opinion….Bride & Groom Get the Party Started?

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would like to know the same thing!

But I sure hope not! Because I dont wanna! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
Hostess
23602 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Our DJ suggested to us that we stay on or near the dance floor for the dance portion of the evening, as to not bring the party elsewhere. But even when we left briefly, people tended to stay dancing okay!

Post # 5
4485 posts
Honey bee

From weddings I have attended in the past with dancing, a good dj keeps the dance floor packed. It doesn;t matter one way or the other if the couple dances the entire night or not since they don’t determine at all if anyone else dances, especially if any number of their guests are not the dancing type in general.

Post # 6
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

If the DJ is doing their job correctly, the B&G should be able to slink away for smooching, catching up with people, sneaking in food, shots at the bar, etc. 

Post # 7
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I agree with PP but also think it depends on the size of the wedding. If it is a small wedding (e.g. 30 people), then when the B+G aren’t on the dancefloor, everyone else seems to take a breather too. However, if you are talking a big wedding (e.g. 300 people), then the B+G can likely take a breather without worrying the party will stop.

Post # 10
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I didn’t leave the dance floor at my wedding!!!! But I LOVE to dance – if people wanted to see me – they came to me πŸ™‚

Most of the night the dance floor was packed, but I also give credit to the DJ who was AWESOME!

Post # 11
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

@lilbluebird:  I agree, size tends to matter here. 

The ‘average’ to large sized weddings I’ve attended, it doesn’t matter if the bride and groom stay on the dance floor because there’s enough guests jumping on and off the floor for different songs.  But the smaller weddings I’ve attended, the guests seem to stay dancing when the bride and groom are and drift away when the bride and groom take a breather. 

Then again, it also depends on what songs the DJ plays.

Post # 12
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Imhisbride:  I think for 100 guests, you should be okay, assuming about 65-75% of those guests are into dancing (as in more than 2 songs in a row) and the dance floor isn’t gigantic (so it doesn’t look like a huge ocean with ships bobbing about! Tongue Out) I went to a wedding with about 65-75 people and unfortunately, only about 15 people were into dancing; the rest were either very old or very shy. To top it off, the dance floor was probably sized for a party of 150. Awkward.

Post # 14
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I think the DJ needs to do his job and keep the party going…lol. I sure as hell dont want to be busting these puppies all freaking night long. 

The topic ‘Opinion….Bride & Groom Get the Party Started?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors