(Closed) Opinions on Comforter set 4 my room… & Help with decor

posted 7 years ago in Home
Post # 3
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I really, really like that comforter set. Where is it from? I’m not a big fan of the canopy, but what about a huge fabric covered headboard? I’ve seen them made on HGTV and they don’t look hard to do at all, and seem to be pretty inexpensive. Something like this:

I think the headboard kind of anchors the bed, and then you wouldn’t need any wall art.  But, I’m also a headboard girl and have an obsession with them.

Post # 4
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Going to try the pic again…

Post # 5
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I personally lovvvve the bottom set more. Why can’t you paint your walls grey? That’s my dream bedroom 🙂 I’d sub out the yellow for a peach or cream though. 

Post # 6
1033 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I really like it.  I prefer it over the zebra stripes. Please post the after pictures, would love to see them.

I am re-doing our master bedroom this weekend. I am painting the walls a medium gray and this is the bedding we got as a wedding gift.

Post # 7
5778 posts
Bee Keeper

The new bedding would definitely lighten it up more…does it have drapes in the same print? Lighter curtains would also help and freshen it up.

The canopy is on 2 rods, but it also looks like you’d have to buy the fabric/panels to go with it. The one on the wall is through a pocket as is the one on the ceiling. Do you have a source for it?

http://interiordec.about.com/od/canopybeds/a/a_canopybed.htm

Post # 9
5778 posts
Bee Keeper

Are you handy? Making an upholstered headboard is simple. All you need is a piece of plywood as wide as the bed, foam or batting to give it some cushiness, and fabric….a staple gun and glue gun are all you need. Its just like wrapping a package! You can even have it leaning up against the wall behind the bed without attaching it if you want, but its better being screwed into the bed frame. You can tuft it, add buttons or any kind of trim if you want…you could even cover it with the curtains that come with the bedding and have a cheap designer look. 🙂

Post # 11
231 posts
Helper bee

@napabridekelsey: I totally agree about painting the wall a gray and then the second bed set! It is amazing!

@FutureMrs.Harless: I love white in a bedroom. You could paint the brown things black very easily. My mom is an interior designer and does that kinda of stuff a lot. It is cheap too! For that awesome canopy you just need black rods for windows and thats it. It is pretty simple and I feel like there are probably tutorials all over the web for that. 

Post # 12
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You could do a dark blue/grey and keep the brown. Our room is a color called Himalayan Eyes and we use that color of brown for the headboard, curtains, etc. It doesn’t feel dark in our room anyway.

Post # 13
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

the top set is good, but but grey/white/black/yellow is awesome. painting is easy and cheap! or if you don’t want to commit to black furniture, you can keep the brown while you paint the walls!

The topic ‘Opinions on Comforter set 4 my room… & Help with decor’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors