(Closed) Opinions on which photographer!

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: which Photographer strikes your fancy?
    #1 : (20 votes)
    69 %
    #2 : (9 votes)
    31 %
  • Post # 17
    1314 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2006

PERSONALITY. Why is this never mentioned?  Who do you get along better with?  Who do you want to spend a long day with?  Who do you trust more?  Good photos are born out of personal investment to one another. It’s not about price.

Post # 18
    1769 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    @continuumphotography:  she mentioned she’s spent a lot of time with both – clearly there’s no personality conflicts. As a bride who is currently interviewing photographers, I can tell you that photographers are all nice people – I haven’t met a single one that I wouldn’t want to spend all day with so it will probably come down to who can give me the most for the least amount of money (as I’ve also loved the portfolio of all the photographers I’ve met with).

OP, I avoided pricing information on the websites, but I preferred the pictures of photog number 1. I always judge a photographer by engagement pictures because that’s where the couples’ personalities really shine – I just felt much more emotionally connected to photographer 1’s pictures.

That being said, the second photographer was by no means bad – I just didn’t love the pictures as much. I think you should just go with whomever is cheapest!

Post # 20
    1626 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

The second photographer’s is better IMO.  Her photos are more about the people.  The first one is more about landscapes and art.  I would want the photos to be about me and the memories of the day more than having a crazy awesome landscape with a tiny me in the corner.  I know some brides love that, but I just don’t care for it, and def wouldn’t pay an extra 1700 bucks for it.

Post # 23
    2066 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

I picked the second without seeing the price difference : )

Post # 24
    3450 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

They are both really good, but I liked #2 just a little bit more.

Post # 26
    412 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I like the first one a lot better than the second- the first one seems to have more creative pictures and captures the real emotions a lot more genuinely in my personal opinion.  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with #2, I just really like #1

Post # 27
    4997 posts
    Honey bee

Photography is really important to me and I see a huge difference in quality between your two choices, so I would pick #1 (assuming they’re still under like $5K). 

Post # 29
    4997 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @LavenderBride24:  Can you keep looking and find another option in between? I would pay it and go cheaper with the food or skip favors or something, but that’s just me.

The topic ‘Opinions on which photographer!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors