(Closed) Opinions! Photos! Sash & adding straps to my lace dress (Mori Lee 1862)

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: How should I wear my dress?
    Strapless with a sash and necklace (please suggest style) : (45 votes)
    66 %
    Add straps and sash (please suggest style) : (19 votes)
    28 %
    Other (please comment) : (4 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 17
    1364 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I love it strapless with pearls. Looks so pretty on you if you’re comfy with strapless, i say go for it. You can always add the bolero as well and have option of putting it on or taking it off throughout the day. I like the sash you have on with the necklace 

Post # 18
    125 posts
    Blushing bee

LOVE the first pic of the thin floraly straps.  I’m not sure about adding a sash- I think the dress is beautiful without it.  If you want one, though, go for dainty and simple.  The first one you posted (your fav) looks really nice.  The details on the dress already adds a lot of dimension.  Straps or no straps, wear a very thin necklace chain with some pendant.  The flowery aspect of the dress is so delicate- keep it light and classy.  Love love love your veil!  Based on the pix of you, I think your hair would like nice up, but loose and romantic- nothing too rigid.  Exctied to see the whole package put together!

Post # 19
    650 posts
    Busy bee

I think that you should go strapless, it looks beautiful on you  and as one of the PP said you can always add a balero. 

Post # 21
    8419 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

@Sunsets89:  I love the way it looks on you strapless without a sash. I am usually a fan of sashes but I think you are rocking that dress just as it is! Either way you will be stunning but my vote is without straps or sash!

Post # 22
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Sunsets89: Don’t second guess your dress ๐Ÿ™‚

I love your dress without the straps (and I’m a fan of straps myself). I think strapless is better for the balance of your dress. It allows a smoother flow of vision following the length of the dress down to the outwards flare, showcasing your beautiful silhouette.

Also, I like the first sash best as it doesn’t break up the flow.

Post # 23
    694 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I think strapless looks great, but if straps are something you were hoping for the thin straps in the first picture are amazing, and I really like them with the sash you like as well. They look great with your dress, and they aren’t too overbearing which is a plus

Post # 24
    1877 posts
    Buzzing bee

@Sunsets89:  I love the sash with the bling!  It adds something fabulous to your already gorgeous gown.  And I am not a strapless dress fan, but I LOVE yours strapless.  You look great in it! 

Post # 25
    1063 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2014 - Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts

I like the dress without the shoulder strap and with the blingy belt.

Post # 26
    38 posts
    Newbee

Floral straps, plain sash (if any), and mom’s pearls.  You are lovely!

Post # 27
    914 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Thin floral straps with the blingy belt you wore in your strapless photos. It adds something special to the dress but still shows off your lovely shoulders. The pendant your Fiance gave you would match perfectly with these! And the veil would just add to the whole package. While you do look nice strapless, I think the thin straps are so dainty and only something that a smaller framed girl can do, as a larger girl (such as myself) looks disproportionate.

Post # 28
    214 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I think because you have such a thin frame, the straps balance you out.

really nice dress ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 29
    478 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I love the flower sash!

Post # 30
    1063 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2014 - Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts

Definitely strapless with the sash. I personally like blingy things so I would say blingy sash. However, any sash would make the dress look more complete.

Post # 31
    1161 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@Sunsets89:  First straps, your fave sash and pendant.

As a whole I think the look will be amazing – I think the pearls are wayyy too much, your so gorgeously petite and thin they are too big and busy on you. Same for the thicker straps and the blingy sash, they overwhelm you.

If you had your heart set of straps for ANY reason, I don’t see a reason to change at the last minute – you might regret it. Could you make them detatchable either way and take them off if you want? That would be my go-to option. ๐Ÿ™‚

That pendant is stunning, and it will be so nice for you to wear. Besides, I think with a little bling in your belt inside those flowers you need just a little bling at the top to even out he look ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

@MSbride2Bee:  +1 ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Opinions! Photos! Sash & adding straps to my lace dress (Mori Lee 1862)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors