(Closed) Organist and Trumpet player for under $500?

posted 7 years ago in Chicago
Post # 3
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

That price really isn’t that bad. I’m using a string quartet from a local high school. You might want to check your area high school for a trumpet palyer. Since you are only looking of one post on craigslist or facebook.

Post # 4
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

As a college student, I used to take gigs (not the instrument you want) for around $200 a gig (so, you’d be saving around $100 if you hire two musicians). Northwestern’s students usually charge more since they are higher in demand. Check out Elmhurst College.

I can recommend contacting Bridget Ryan at Northwestern University (she’s an organist and a staff member). I’m not sure of her rates, but I’d think it would be around the $200 mark. 

Post # 5
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

barnett williams 400.00                 7738850638

Post # 6
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That’s a reasonable price for two musicians and an extra $100 or $200 here can make the difference between an amazing experience or walking down the asile to clammed notes.  My fiance is a professional trumpeter and, according to him, Northwestern has the best trumpet school in the country. I’m sure whoever they supply will be very good. In short, I would go with their musicians.

P.S. I just realized that this thread is a year old, so I’ll leave this info for future brides.

The topic ‘Organist and Trumpet player for under $500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors