- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
I just wanted to share my wonderful 1st anniversary weekend with someone, and I thought maybe you ladies would be happy for me, as fellow dating/engaged/married ladies.
We didn’t have a lot of time/money to go away, but Darling Husband booked us 2 nights at a nice hotel nearby and we had an amazing weekend..
– Darling Husband surprised me with the hotel’s romance package, which included a room service delivery of chilled champagne, ice cream, and little chocolate fudge cakes.
– My “paper” gift was an anniversary card he bought a year ago when we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii
– Darling Husband gave me a tiny loose moissanite. The best part is that he is going to give me a gemstone every year (either all moissanite or alternating moissanites/sapphires), and I’ll eventually get them set. First, most likely as earrings or a pendant, and eventually as a bracelet or a matching set. I love that he created a tradition for us!
– We opened our wine box, read our letters, and replaced them with new ones.
– We danced to our first song and had a few bites of the wedding cake we kept
It was just so romantic and magical and unexpected. I gave him gifts, too, of course, and we had a lot of fun just lounging in the king size bed (we have a double at home), and it was perfect.
Thanks for letting me brag! Anyone else have a good anniversary story?