- 5 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Well bees, our living room is a mess and my wrist is killing me, but our invites are (95%) finished!! All that is left is addressing and stamping and a bit more assemblage to go (belly bands), but I couldn’t wait to share!! These invitations have been an extreme labor of love – nearly every bit was cut, cornered, glued and assembled by my Fiance and myself. They ended up costing way more than expected, but I know they would’ve cost way more had we bought an equal/comparable predesigned suite. And yes, they are bunny themed!! We have a pet rabbit and I have been doing everything I can to incorporate him into our wedding here, there, everywhere! So before I go into further detail, let’s see some pictures…
The largest (5×7) green card opens and gives this invitation suite dimension…
Wheeee I love them so much! In case you are wondering (well you probably aren’t, I just need to share since none of my guests are going to give a crap), here are the materials and sources used….
Pop up card:
- designed by myself using http://www.gimp.org/
- photos came from our engagement session during which we specifically took pictures for this card (with our amazing photog http://www.jordanquinnphoto.com/)
- printed through http://www.mpix.com/ – their website had handy diy templates I used to determine measurements, the pop up picture of ourselves was printed on a 4×6 card, the rest of the card was printed on a 5×7
- used a corner paper punch to round the corners because I am anal
- embellished with Martha Stewart kite stickers that are so cuuuute
- fonts from http://www.dafont.com – Jellyka Delicious Cake, Where the Stars Shine Brightest, Honey Script, and used Champagne & Limousines on the inserts
- designed by myself using http://www.gimp.org/ – note Fiance designed the large flower card to print 6 to a sheet in AutoCAD and after seeing what he could do with it (how precise he could get measurements and things) I wish he had designed everything!!! That program is amazing!!
- Main insert is 4×6, rsvp card is 3.5×5, flower punchout I believe is 3.5×3.5; for the first two we fit 4 to an 8.5×11 sheet, for the last we fit 6 to a sheet, cut all of them out using a Cricut paper cutter
- most of the paper is plantable and made out of flower seeds, purchased from http://www.botanicalpaperworks.com/ – the little bunnies on the main insert were punched out from colorful scrapbooking paper
- printed ourselves – the paper was kind of a bitch to work with because it’s thick and also does have the seeds in it, creating a bumpy surface. It was rough but we got all pages to work in our HP Envy Printer after a lot of kicking, screaming, and paper jams
- used a corner punch, two different sizes of flower punches, and a Martha Stewart bunny punch
- belly band is vellum
- used glue dots extensively… took one or two to get the hang of but they were a lifesaver!! Wish I’d known about them when I had been making the pop ups
We did the popups VERY early on (like around September of last year!), in retrospect I wish we’d waited because the info on the main insert could’ve gone on the pop up, but whatever… everything else was designed and created within the past few weekends.
Additionally, our envelopes are going to be lined in washi tape per this tutorial I wish I’d never seen on Pinterest: http://www.brinnertime.com/2013/01/washi-tape-envelopes-tutorial.html
I am SO excited to send these out!! I am terribly in love with them. I might do a tutorial for the pop ups later on just because when I was first creating them, I couldn’t find a tutorial for the exact method we used, and Fiance and I kind of just figured it out by eyeballing our inspiration picture.
Anyway, if you read this far, thanks for paying attention!! Like I said, I just had to share, and I know my guests will never know my pains and obsession the way my fellow diy bees do T^T!! So, bonus bunny pic!! He had a lovely time trying to snatch and nibble printouts whenever we were careless enough to leave them lying on the floor…