(Closed) Our Chicago Wedding and Vendors…posted 8 years ago in Chicago
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
@MissNumbers: We did our e-pics with Miller + Miller… we love them!! They are booked on our wedding date, though 🙁 We contacted Misha Media, as well.
We also have a few more on our list. We are not having very much luck either, if we could go with Miller + Miller we would. I am having a hard time because I am comparing all the others to them!
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
Miller & miller just told us they were booked for our date.
Why didn’t you chose misha media? I think they are our top choice at this part.
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
OK Since I am at the halfway mark I can fill this out
- Wedding Date: 7/8/12
- Ceremony Location: Christ Lutheran Church
- Reception Venue: Dynasty Banquets (Hammond, Indiana)
- Number of Guests: 182 (Hopefully)
- Caterer: n/a
- Photographer: Strad Studios and Photography
- Videographer: same as above
- Cake: Sharon’s Custom Cakes (in the running, Also Calumet Bakery and Becky’s Bakery and Catering are two I also want to check out)
- Cupcakes: (for dessert table) (Cup)cakes on the side. She makes alcohol infused cupcakes
- DJ/Music: Melodies Unlimited
- Décor Design & Florist: Divine Design & Events (Maha is the greatest)
- Stationery: Taylor Made Invites
- Officiant: Both of our Pastors will be officiating
- Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: Sean Gardiner
- Hair: Nina’s Beauty Cake
- Makeup Crystal-Eyes Make-up Artistry
- Dress: Eva’s Bridal of Tinley Park : Allure
- Bridesmaids: (6) David’s Bridal – One Shoulder Silhouette dress
- Rehearsal Dinner: Sullivan’s Steakhouse
- Wedding Planner: A Family Affair to Remember
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
Congrats 2012 brides!
Here are my vendors:
- Wedding Date: 09/01/12
- Location:ChicagoWestern Suburbs
- Number of guests: 450
- Reception Venue: Westin – Lombard
- Caterer: Westin – Lombard
- Photographer: Jimmy Tan Photography
- Videographer: Kinema Group
- Cake: tbd
- DJ/Music: Mix Media Group
- Florist: Flowers by ColorChicago
- Hair: Jennifer Galvin
- Makeup: Dana DiGuilio
- Dress: Netbride
- Bridesmaids: Netbride
- Rehearsal Dinner: tbd
- Any Other Vendors: MobileFlip Book Studio: http://www.papercinemas.com
- 5 years ago
- Wedding Date: May 2014
- Ceremony Location: Salvage One (we used the indoors space and loved it).
- Reception Venue: Salvage One. I fell in love with the quirky aspect of the space. Brandy and Kim were great. They helped us stay organized and pointed us in the direction of a number of great vendors.
- Number of Guests: 110
- Caterer: Maison Cusine (http://www.maisoncuisine.com). Danielle and her team were amazing. They did such a great job of making our day special. Their food was great. They paid attention to all the little details making us a nice appetizer plate during cocktail hour to make sure we had something to eat, giving my hubbie diet gingerale for toasts because he hates carbs!
- Photographer: Mark Schueler (www.markschuelerphoto.com). We loved Mark’s work so much that we had him fly in from Durham, NC to shoot our wedding. We were so lucky he was available to shoot our wedding. Mark is great. You immediately feel relaxed around him and he does a great job of getting amazing candid shots.
- Videographer: DIY
- Cake: Alliance Bakery. http://www.alliance-bakery.com They did a nice job with not a lot of lead time. Our original bakery fell through at the last minute. I was a little bummed that they forgot to bring some of the same ribbon/lace they used for the tiers for our homemade wedding topper. They missed the little details that our other vendors paid attention to, but all in all they did a solid job.
- DJ/Music: Skyline–Ken Arlen Band (http://www.arlenmusic.com/home/dance-bands-menu/skyline-home) This was our big splurge and so worth it! Caitlin and the rest of the Ken Arlen team are completely experts in what they do. They were very flexible learning a few new songs for us and played all of our favorites. They kept the energy up, which was a little challenging at our Sunday wedding.
- Florist: DIY using flowers from Steve’s Flower Shop. (http://stevesflowermarket.com). Steve and Mary are great. I had a really tight flower budget. They helped me choose my dream flowers (lovely garden roses, peonies, blush Hydrengas) and helped me figure out how to put them together.
- Stationery: DIY.
- Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: Ken Arlen Band
- Hair and Makeup: Chicago Ave Salon. (http://www.chicagoavesalon.com). Cheryl and her team did a great job. We had our hair and makeup done in their salon which has lovely light and they opened specially for us (for any of you Sunday brides out there…they are very flexible)
- Bridesmaids: Jcrew
- Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Party: Chicago Party Animals. ( http://chicagopartyanimals.com). I couldn’t have asked for a better rehearsal dinner space. We were looking for something relaxed and casual where our friends and families could meet each other before the wedding. We just served Lou Malnatis and beer/wine. Party Animals is a great space that uses the proceeds from their events to help give back to animal rescue charities. Josie was such a wonderful host going above and beyond (she got us extra napkins and silverware when we ran out, made sure our out of town guests knew how much it should cost to get back to their hotels in taxis, and helped us rearrange the space)
- Day of Coordinator. Kim Gapinski (not sure about her website but Salvage One has her information). I can’t say enough good things about Kim. She ensured our wedding day went smoothly and that I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. She had great ideas about decor and went above and beyond with our DIY flowers making sure they were watered and stored properly.
- Booze from Cardinal wines and spirits. http://www.cardinalwinesandspirits.com I highly recommend Adam and his crew. They were a little less expensive than Binny’s and were able to delivery on a Sunday, which Binny’s no longer can do.
- Photobooth: http://rentals.312photobooth.com Rob was very nice and easy to work with. The downside of our photobooth was that the camera/flash didn’t go off in a standard interval. We have a bunch of photos of people leaving the photobooth because you had to take 2-3 sets before your figured out the timing on the camera.
- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
- Date: 5/1/14
- Number of guests: 42
- Ceremony and reception Venue: Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro
- Photographer: Matushek Photography
- Videographer: n/a
- Limo: W-Limo
- Cake: Sweet Sensations
- DJ/Music: Windy City Mix
- Florist: Forget Me Knodt
- Hair: Noel Rose Hair Studio
- Makeup: Crystal Eyez
- Dress: Dimitra Designs (in Greenville, SC)
- Alterations: Julia Needlman
- Bridesmaids: JCrew
- Rehearsal Dinner: Mia Francesca
All of our vendors get a 5/5! They were all absoultely amazing!
The topic ‘Our Chicago Wedding and Vendors…’ is closed to new replies.