Post # 17
I love how different everyone’s weddings sound!!
I actually started a post related to that. We are getting married right off Michigan Ave (near the Hershey store, if you’re familiar)… A couple of people provided ALOT of information on potential places. Maybe that will help? The post can be found here:
Post # 18
Such a cute idea – love it!!!
Wedding Date: 9/24/10
Location: Garden in Bolingbrook
Number of guests: 400 – YIKES!!!!
Reception Venue: Chateau Del Mar, Hickory Hills
Photographer: Chad Stambaugh
Cake: cupcakes by a friend (he’s a pastry chef and its his gift to us!)
DJ/Music: still need one – any recommendations!?!?!!!???
Florist: Robyn – she works out of her home but is awesome
Stationery: designed by me; i work for a printing company so everything was printed at work
Officiant: Pastor from my church
Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: Family friend who plays the harp
Hair: Beauty Co of Chicago
Makeup: Beauty Co of Chicago
Dress: White Carriage Bridal
Bridesmaids: White Carriage Bridal
Rehearsal Dinner: Home Run Inn
Any Other Vendors:
Post # 19
This is a great idea…
- Wedding Date: May 15, 2010
- Location: Edison Park, (Northwest-side neighborhood)
- Number of guests:125
- Reception Venue: Sunset Ridge Country Club
- Caterer: Sunset Ridge Country Club
- Photographer: Crowe’s Eye Photography (from Indiana)
- Cupcakes: Amy Beck
- DJ/Music: Style Matters (Ryan)
- Florist: Asrai Garden
- Stationary: My husband actually designed all of our paper goods, STDs, invites, programs and our reception signage…
- Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: Supplied by Church
- Hair: Morgan Blaul
- Makeup: Morgan Blaul
- Dress: Lela Rose from Ultimate Bride
- Bridesmaids: Jenny Yoo
- Rehearsal Dinner: Curragh Irish Pub (Edison Park)
- Photobooth: Shutterbooth
I know my wedding already happened but if anyone wants input on any of these vendors I can definitely give you a review…
Post # 20
A few of you have photobooths — that will be really fun! I was thinking of getting one but I had to draw the line somewhere! Oh well 🙂
Post # 22
Wedding Date:September 12, 2010
Post # 23
Ahem *Polite Bump* I like this thread.
Post # 24
I love your illustrations! So cute- I wish I would have seen these for my Save the Dates.
Post # 25
Ahem *Polite Bump* I like this thread, too.
Post # 26
This is a great thread! I’ll be referring back to it A LOT in the next year!
Post # 27
We live in Wheaton but are getting married in Rockford. I am in love with the Japanese gardens there (he proposed there too!) and the magnificent way they look in autumn – my favorite season.
- Wedding Date: 10/30/2010
- Location: Rockford, IL
- Number of guests: 150
- Reception Venue: Anderson Japanese Gardens
- Caterer: same
- Photographer: Dayna Schroeder, friend of my fiance
- Videographer: TBD, probably a friend
- Cake: Marcia of Centerpiece Cakes
- DJ/Music:Matt from MDM Entertainment
- Florist: Orchids by Hausermann for centerpieces & bouquets/boutonniers will be crafted from the local farmers market
- Stationery:save-the-dates were from weddingpaperdivas, invites/menus/programs: DIY by me.
- Officiant: Tim Boyd, dear friend
- Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: For the ceremony, my bff is a composer and he’s writing a piece for us, which is being played by another dear friend. DJ will take care of cocktail hour
- Hair:Guys n Gals Salon, Princeton IL (family friends)
- Makeup: same as above
- Dress: reception dress is Priscilla of Boston #4504. My ceremony dress was a Melissa Sweet but is now TBD.
- Bridesmaids: Melissa Sweet Vineyard #1515 in Pewter. Just received them last week and they are amazing!
- Rehearsal Dinner: TBD – if anyone can recommend a place in Rockford, I will appreciate it!
- Any Other Vendors: I bought silk table runners, votive holders, silver chargers, crystals, bamboo platters, etc. off craigslist. Highly recommend it!
Post # 28
Wedding Date: June 8th 2013
Location: South Shore Cultural Center
Number of guests: 300
Reception Venue: South Shore Cultural Center
Cake: Cake Girls
DJ/Music for reception: TBD
Florist: DIY bride’smade floralarrangements
Stationery:DIY Silk Duponi box invitations
Officiant: FI’s Uncle
Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: IPOD
Dress: Reem Acra (wedding) and Monique Lhillier(reception) inspired dresses being sewn by Family friend
Bridesmaids: Ramona Keveza
Any Other Vendors
Wedding shoes: DIY Badley Mischka inspired shoes
Day spa: Honey Child Day spa
Post # 30
Hey Girls! This is so fun!
- Wedding Date: June 29, 2012
- Location: Brookfield Zoo
- Number of guests: 165
- Reception Venue: Brookfield Zoo
- Caterer: Brookfield Zoo
- Photographer: TBD
- Videographer: TBD… Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
- Cake: Rolf’s Patisserie
- DJ/Music: Micheal Rothstein Band- 10 peice
- Stationery: Hopefully some DYI, some purchased
- Ceremony and Cocktail Musician: Micheal Rothstein
- Makeup TBD
- Dress: Reem Acra with alterations at Ms. Couture
- Bridesmaids: Not sure, but I have the 5 best bridesmaids anyone could ask for : )
- Rehearsal Dinner:TBD
- Any Other Vendors: We are planning on doing endangered specied chocolate bars for favors!