- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
Two weeks ago today, I was having a complete emotional breakdown. I had spent quite some time that Friday after rehearsal sitting in my room crying my little heart out, while my two maids of honor tried to comfort me. There was WAY too much drama going on within my family (wedding and non-wedding related). I was determined that our wedding day was going to be an absolute disaster. I finally fell asleep around 1am and woke up 4 hours later.
And guess what? The day was absolutely perfect! Not to say there were no mistakes or glitches, but it truly blew my mind how wonderful everything went.
And here is a short list of all the things I loved about my wedding ceremony and reception:
- That we weren’t afraid to break from the tradition of having only one best man and one maid of honor. We had two of each. =)
- That we weren’t afraid to have 5 in the bridal party, while there were only 4 groomsmen. So what?
- My walk down the aisle. At first, I was like a deer in headlights. I didn’t want all those eyes on me, lol. But then I focused in on the groom and nothing else mattered =) I also loved that I walked down the aisle to a piano solo of Warmness on the Soul by Avenged Sevenfold – definitely reflects our personalities and totally not traditional, lol
- I loved how simple, sweet, and beautiful our pastor made the ceremony. So glad we chose her! I also loved how calm she made me before the wedding. I was telling her that I hoped everything was going to go well and she smiled and said that the day would be perfect no matter what.
- I loved that we decided to do both traditional vows and vows that we had written.
- I loved that my ringbearer was sporting a little mohawk and that my flowergirl walked up the aisle barefoot.
- I loved that my flower girl and ring bearer waited for me while I walked up the aisle, and then I gave each of them a hug. And then they went to sit down with their mommies.
- I loved when my flower girl got to her seat and opened her treat bag from the groom and me. She loudly exclaimed “MARSHMALLOWS!!!” I loved that she covered her mommy in the spongebob stickers from the treat bag as well =)
- I loved that someone actually noticed and gave me a compliment for rocking my industrial barbell in my wedding.
- I loved how ridiculous it is that it took 3 boys to load me and ALL of my dress into the back seat of a Ford Escape so we could go to the reception.
- I loved that my family and I had decorated both the church and the reception hall by ourselves and that all food had been made by family members.
- I LOVED our sweetheart table. It was absolutely beautiful!
- I loved our first dance and the father/daughter dance. I also loved that I danced with the two other “dads” in my life after my husband had danced with his mother.
- I loved how dorky and nervous the two best men were while delivering their speeches. And I loved how heartfelt they were.
- You know those little bells that you can put out for guests and when guests ring them, the bride and groom are supposed to kiss? I LOVED that a HUGE group of people rang the bells while letting out whistles and yells. My husband’s reaction? He gave a goofy smile and throw a hand up and wave in their direction. I looked at him and said “It means we have to KISS!” And he was just like “Oh! Okay.”
- I loved how completely ridiculous and dorky the entire garter and bouquet toss felt.
- And most of all, I loved that we ended the day as husband and wife =)
Here are a few of my favorite guest pics and a couple of pics from the photographer:
The first one is a poor quality guest photo, but I ADORE it because of what my little flower girl is doing in the bottom left corner =D