I would recommend that you personally go into the venue with all your decor that you had planned with the previous manager. Why? Because, this person doesn’t have a clue about your ideas or what was said between you and that person.
An inperson meeting is more formal and besides over the phone you are describing your dream wedding and this other manager might be imaging a different wedding.
Important points as to Why you should be Concern and Meet face to face
0. Call to see if your wedding date is still available or if they already booked double book someone else
1. New manager doesn’t now what was agreed or the terms of your day
2. Allow the manager to familiarize themselves with your vision of the wedding in case that day arrives he/she sees something they can correct it immediately
3. Show them pictures of what your reception, ceremony site etc should look like dont use the words “this is what I would like it to look like say this is what my wedding should be ”
4. Show them the contract that was previously written up with the formal manager to see if all that was included is still taking place or has changed in price or vendor
5. If you cannot make it to meet formally email her the pictures of what you wanted , the former contract and what was agreed
6. Ask her to give you a date when she can find out about your cupcakes than call that day back to ensure that all is taken care of.
7. Ask her for the Vendors business name and telephone number that way you can also do your homework, just don’t let them know that just say I am scrapbooking and want to include the name of the vendors we used to make it more special
8. Sadly the prices will probably change since the last guy just quoted you prices not actual set prices . This time be a savy bride and ask for actual prices.
9. Write it down Sadly verbal agreements don’t mean anything nowadays. When you have a informal or formal contract write on it with a pen “like complimentary bar was agreed on date by persons name ” however note down all this information on the back of the contract or on the sides why because it is a like a legal paper than request a copy.
10. However this can only be done when you have that face to face conversation or if you call follow up with an email “we just spoke about 5 minutes ago (time is relevant the more time passes people forget details) we both agreed that we would /would not , this is the price you stated, these are the vendors you stated would be working on my wedding etc etc be detailed as possible (I tend to watch to much Judge Milan and Judge JUdy)
Email her if it is in writing than you have proof in case all goes wrong and than you can sue to get your money back or better yet CC the CEO of the venue if their is any so that you get speedy results.