Post # 3
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@bill76:  Call again.  Don’t let it go.

Post # 5
1507 posts
Bumble bee

I find it odd that you joined a wedding website to explain something about a gift card… you might have better luck if you, you know, called them again instead of telling a forum of people planning their weddings…?

Post # 6
4272 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I would call them again until I annoy them enough to send it. How does a gift card get compromised anyway? I had no idea that this even happens.

Post # 7
3357 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Cady:  I don’t know HOW it happens, but “treat this card like cash” has a good motive behind it lol

Post # 8
4272 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@MissLibra:  In all fairness…this is probably more wedding relevant then some of the threads on here.  The gift card was probably a wedding gift. 

Post # 9
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MissLibra:  Why act directly when you can start a thread on the net and let others get so outraged that the company finds out about it and makes things right..?! I mean, gosh, bill’s time is important, it isn’t worth spending 30 minutes on the phone for $400. 

Post # 11
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

At times, I have found it necessary to create a sh*t storm online, in addition to attempts to deal directly with the company, in order for them to step it up.

I am in the middle of doing this with the Bay right now.  Some of my registery items, ordered by me, still havent’ arrived after over a year.  Twitter, email and blog posts have finally started to get some responses out of them, though still not a true solution.

Post # 12
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Sometimes people just need to vent. There’s no need in being so harsh. She never said she wasn’t going to call back.

Post # 13
2488 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@SimpleGifts:  +1 this happend to me with a 25 card my boss gave me but I was pretty sure she had just given me the card to make it look like I was getting A gift – but now I am always terrified to use cards Cause I was so emberassed when that card was empty – my new boss includes the receipts for me now – does your mom still have one ?

Post # 14
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m sorry you had this problem, and I hope they do send you the card soon!

However, I am just as sorry that you have had to read some incredibly snarky and unnecessarily rude comments from others.

I just fail to understand why some people on this forum who have absolutely nothing constructive to add feel the need to spend their time writing snarky and completely uncalled-for replies to threads like this one.

To those snarky people: Perhaps this gift card was a wedding gift, thus making it completely relevant to post here.  And perhaps the OP WILL be calling again, but was distraught and irritated by their experience that they wanted to post here to either vent, or to see if a similar thing had happened to anyone else.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO BE NASTY TO THE OP.

The topic ‘Out $400 on Macys gift card’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors