(Closed) Outdoor July 24, 2010 Brides???

posted 8 years ago in July 2010
Post # 3
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have an outdoor wedding but in CA.  I am not worried about rain…in fact I’m worried about more about it being too hot!

Post # 4
74 posts
Worker bee

I’m a July 24th outdoor bride as well (I’m in SC)! I started praying for good weather as soon as we booked the venue. We have a Plan B and a Plan C! Plan B is just in case of a light rain or drizzle and Plan C is in case of a torrential downpour. I’m trying not to worry about it yet because there isn’t much I can do to predict the weather until a little closer to the big day!

Post # 5
228 posts
Helper bee

Our backup plan is the tent instead of the beach.  Hopefully, it won’t come to that!

Post # 6
714 posts
Busy bee

I, too, am getting married in California and not worried about rain.  Heat is a factor for us, too, but we are planning to get married at about 6pm, so it shouldn’t be too bad. My future mother in law (fml??? I’m new to this) is worried it will be too cold and we will need heaters…you never know, but I am counting on it being perfect! 

Post # 7
1106 posts
Bumble bee

We’re also getting married outside in California, so I’m a little worried about the heat! But I think it will work out ok. We’re getting married at 5:30 PM in a well shaded garden!

Post # 8
139 posts
Blushing bee

Me too! No idea what to expect for weather. I’m in Maine, so there is a chance it will be hot, but probably not unbearably so. The venue actually has a spot indoors in case it rains… it was one of the first questions I asked them and it’s a huge relief that they have a back-up plan. 

Post # 9
762 posts
Busy bee

I’m in Michigan. There is a saying here, “If you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes”. But I feel like this is true anywhere.

I have subscribed the farmer’s almanac…

Post # 10
502 posts
Busy bee

I’m July 24, 2010 outdoor wedding too!!! In Miami. Where it rains every afternoon. And I have no backup plan except to hope that the rain stops by the time my wedding starts.

Post # 11
1740 posts
Bumble bee

im not a july 24. but im a july 31 outdoor wedding in puerto rico and it rain every afternoon so we are renting tents

Post # 12
762 posts
Busy bee

Yikes! So the Farmer’s almanac says thunderstorms for the weeks before, during, and after the wedding. I hope it’s not accurate. If so we will need to build an ark! But we do have a back-up plan.

Post # 13
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

Our backup plan is to move the ceremony into the building where the reception is taking place. I’m not worried, though, about rain or heat. As everyone keeps saying when we tell them our wedding date, it’s “practically guaranteed” (to quote one employee at our venue) that the weather will be beautiful in our region that time of year.

Post # 14
7 posts
Newbee

Our ceremony location has tents ready and waiting if it rains. Plus, just think – rain is good luck?? Even though I am hanging ton of paper poms and doily garland, so I’m going to have to fight someone if it rains… knock on wood! :-p

Post # 15
22 posts
Newbee

I am having an outdoor garden wedding in the Seattle, Washington area. It is the best time of year so I am expecting good weather, but I made sure to check the Farmer’s Almanac. *^_^*

Post # 16
809 posts
Busy bee

I am a July 25th bride… but i am praying it doesnt ran but my reception is directly behind my ceremony spot and if it rains we could get married in there…. but i wouldnt be happy bc it is a barn

The topic ‘Outdoor July 24, 2010 Brides???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors