- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
I was hoping some bees may be able to offer some advice, especially those who have had DWs.
We had originally planned on having our wedding reception on a private upper-level outdoor terrace with ocean views. It sounded beautiful and the pictures looked amazing. I get an email today (just over 30 days from go time) that the terrace is under construction. They have said from the beginning that no location is guaranteed until arrival so I’m not entirely shocked. They recommended a pool level terrace space, but here are my issues with this:
1. It won’t be very private. Although the pool closes at 6, there will still be other guests lingering around.
2. I am concerned about noise from the pool, other guests, etc.
So I decided, let’s just go with an indoor ballroom for the following reasons:
1. It will be more private and controlled
2. I actually enjoy eating indoors more than outdoors
3. We are going to be dancing a lot! And outdoors will be hot.
4. Vanity. I’m wearing my hair down and I’m sure my makeup will melt outside.
5. My dress is pretty heavy for a Destination Wedding. I meant to get a light dress but I just couldn’t resist 🙂
So it sounds like I’m pretty set on indoors right? But then the coordinator sends me an email and says she highly recommends the outdoor space over the indoor space because there are no windows or view in the ballroom. Am I missing something here? Is she just trying to not give me indoor space? I did hear that with DWs they do try to influence you sometimes depending on what else they have going on that weekend.
Also, let me know if you think it’s a waste to go to a Destination Wedding and not have it outdoors. I grew up in FL so I know how brutal the humidity can be and this keeps going through my head.
Lastly, if any bees have advice on this based on experience, please let me know.