(Closed) Over 100 people have not rsvp'd WHAT DO I DO????

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1598 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ouch! Email is probably the fastest/easiest way to reach out. You could say something like “This email is going to anyone invited to our wedding who has not RSVP’d yet. I realize that some of you may be in difficult situations due to Sandy, however, our vendors/caterer need an accurate count by (date) so if you could please respond ASAP, we would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you know anyone who does not have internet/phone access becaue of the storm, please let me know how I can get a hold of them to make sure they are safe and to see if they’d like to take a few hours break from hurricane relief to celebrate with us.”

That’s pretty wordy (I’m a wordy person) but just make sure you’re firm yet sensitive, especially if the hurricane was/is an issue for some of your guests. 

I’d give them a few days to respond to the email, then start calling those who still haven’t responded. If it’s, like, 2 days before the final count is needed, there’s nothing wrong with saying “If I do not hear from you by (date), we will have to assume that you are unable to attend and therefore a seat will not be reserved due to limited space” or something. Again, remain polite yet firm.

Post # 5
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think email would be fine given your situation – but I would definitely try calling those that you dont hear from soon.

Post # 6
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Start calling!!  Split it up between you and your Fiance.

Post # 9
1598 posts
Bumble bee

I think email is fine, whether it’s a “blanket” email or if you do it individually.

Post # 10
8422 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@emilyfhoffman:  I would send out a mass email and then get to calling!

Split it up…. Between you, Fiance and maybe even your bridesmaids too!! Good luck! 

Post # 11
3092 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@emilyfhoffman:  You can bcc so they can’t see others emails and just send the first one to yourself.

Post # 12
3942 posts
Honey bee

@emilyfhoffman:  I would call people. My friends/family are usually terrible at responding to emails.

I have to ask-how many did you invite to your wedding?

Post # 14
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@emilyfhoffman:  Oh, I’m sorry.  How about enlisting the help of your mom and/or your MIL?

Post # 15
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@emilyfhoffman:  Why is calling impossible?  Our RSVP deadline is coming up and a week after that I plan on splitting up the list between me, MOB and MOG!  Plus, this way you get responses immediately vs. waiting for emails to pop up.

If you want to email I agree with @Stace126:  ‘s suggestion.  A personalized email would take more time than calling IMO!

Post # 16
2401 posts
Buzzing bee

Phone calls. Best way to reach anyone. Emails can easily be ignored and forgotten. Get your mom, Mother-In-Law, best friend, cousin, aunt… whoever has some time and cell minutes. 

The topic ‘Over 100 people have not rsvp'd WHAT DO I DO????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors