(Closed) painful periods/bc/ready to try

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would say ask your doctor. I don’t have the same pain but another condition that bcp really helps with and is the easiest solution. So my doctor definitely wanted to know when I planned to stop taking it so he could monitor and provide alternatetreatment. 

Post # 4
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@SapphireSun:  I agree. It’s definitely worth a trip to the doctor.

I don’t have the painful periods issue, but I’ve been doing some research on TTC after the pill. Most of the advice is to allow 3-4 months after you stop the pill to start TTC. That gives your body time to adjust after the hormones. 

Good luck!

Post # 5
17 posts
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would go to my doctor concerning this if I were you.  I have very painful periods and I believe it to be due to endometreosis, but they can’t actually diagnosis this until they do a diagnostic laparoscopy.  The medical term for painful menstrual periods is dysmenorrhea.  Your doctor can perhaps perscribe muscle relaxers to use during the elevated pain that occurs during menstration and eliminate and reason for the painful perioids.  He/she can also give you direction on becoming pregnant.  I hate going to the doctor but sometimes it’s appropriate.


Great luck to you!

Post # 6
400 posts
Helper bee

Ask your doctor because different birth controls have different pros and cons (relief of your pain vs how soon after taking it can you concieve). Good luck with everything and I hope your dr can provide you with some advice!

Post # 7
6474 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

This was what had me start on birth control pills when I was 13 – extremely painful periods. They diagnosed me with PCOS which explained things, but it’s a good idea to do a doc check before you start TTC anyway, just as precursor. 🙂

The topic ‘painful periods/bc/ready to try’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors