• poll: Yes or No?
    Yes : (40 votes)
    51 %
    No : (38 votes)
    49 %
  • Post # 17
    5399 posts
    Bee Keeper

I love them! And I don’t think subtle animal print is tacky at all. I think it’s better than bright neon colors!

Post # 18
    1924 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

They’re cute, but I think they’re too everyday for wedding shoes.  Also, I’m pretty sure you can find nearly identical ones for much cheaper…

Post # 19
    860 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

i voted no because of the animal print, lack of special quality, and the crazy price. To me they look like something i could buy at a cheap shoe store.

Post # 20
    395 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I think if you like them you should order them and see what they look like in person/ with the dress. If you are already considering buying them I am assuming you can afford them . . . . so I think people are making their own decisions based on how much they would pay for a similar looking shoe rather than whether it would look good for your wedding. I think they are really cute and will hopefully be comforatble and well made. 

I really ike the idea of buying a shoe you can wear again. I just ordered these which might fit into your pale pink scheme: 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kate-spade-new-york-bridget-pump/3292877?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=kate_spade_new_york_'bridget'_pump:545829&cm_pla=shoes:women:pumps&cm_ven=Froogle,Google_Product_Ads&mr:ad=20584802873&mr:adType=pla&mr:filter=44339929433&mr:keyword=%7Bkeyword%7D&mr:match=%7Bmatchtype%7D&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=5338E0AA-62A0-E111-8EBE-90E2BA0278A8&origin=pla

Post # 21
    183 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@pika_sil:  I think you should wear the shoes that are going to make you the happiest! If you can afford these and they match your personality, I say go get ’em and wear ’em proud!

Post # 22
    125 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Anaheim Hills Golf Course

There’s more “bridal” shoes out there…These scream “office!”

Post # 23
    733 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Wow so 50/50 this poll is. 

I wouldn’t wear them. 

I can’t believe they cost that much

Post # 24
    7900 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Yes. I wore Kate Spade shoes, and thank god… otherwise, my feet would’ve died after standing so many hours. Plus, these shoes are totally reusable.

You really do with shoes get what you pay for and I cannot be on my feet, dancing, etc. for hours on end in cheap heels. So to me, this is worth the investment if you have the money.

ETA, before I ordered my shoes, I signed up for their online newsletter and I got an email code for 15% off my first order (and I think there was also free shipping). Worth a try! (I wore Bloom in ivory with my lace turmpet dress.)

Post # 25
    3765 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

I voted yes. I love Kate Spade shoes, own one pair I got on sale and they are super comfy, so I bet those will be comfy enough for your wedding. I like that they are special enough for you to consider them for your wedding, but also practical enough to wear again. And the animal print is not tacky, I think it’s very well done and far better than some of the super blingy, neon, etc shoes I’ve seen some brides wear!

Post # 26
    3765 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

AND as some have said, the only person looking at your shoes is you. But in my opinion that means you should get exactly what you want and what makes you feel special!

Post # 27
    499 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I like Kate Spade and I don’t have a problem with the cost. I voted no, because they just seem to casual to me.

Post # 28
    502 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

i think they are super cute for the office, but they  arent wedding dress worthy to me. i guess they dont seem dressy enough or something. if u love them, then you should get them. also if you have a difficult time finding ur size or width and they woul make you feel beautiful, then for sure buy them. i personally wouldnt spend e

Post # 29
    502 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Whoops, three hundred bucks on them though. 

Post # 30
    1980 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I voted “no”. I think they look like 9-5 office wear shoes. There is nothing “evening” or special about them. 

Post # 31
    1154 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I voted no for a few reasons.

1.  I hate animal print.  All of it.  There is nothing cute about animal print to me.  You are not an animal.  You are a human.  There is no need to dress yourself up as a zebra, leopard, and so on.

2. I could never pay 300 bucks for a pair of shoes that plain (and that means a lot coming from me, because I LOVE shoes, and I love Kate Spade).

3.  I don’t know what your dress looks like, but they seem very casual to me.  Like you could wear them with some nice jeans and a t-shirt and go pick up your kids from school and be the hot mom. 

All in all, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with paying almost 300 dollars for your wedding shoes..  But they should be special and awesome in every way.  To me, these aren’t.  But if these are special and awesome in every way to you, then go for it.

The topic ‘Pale pink pumps with ivory lace mermaid dress? Kate Spade $298’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors