(Closed) Paloma Blanca 4155 – Please HELP!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2073 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I think it’s beautiful!  I also have a Paloma Blanca but not that particular one.  Maybe add some extra layers under the skirt to make it fuller so the shape is more pronounced?  Don’t forget that you will have accessories and potentially a veil to pull the whole look together.  Try it on again with some jewelry and a veil and see what you think.  It’s a gorgeous dress.

Post # 4
13 posts
Newbee

This is my (#4155) dress for my July 21st wedding. I love love love it!!!! Add a sash, it makes a HUGE difference! I’m not sure what size you are but I will be selling mine for $1000, paid $3000. I have a reception dress i’m changing into so the dress will be in mint condition as is a size 8.

Post # 5
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I just got this dress in for alterations. It’s beautiful and I knew it was the one instantly. If you have doubts, perhaps move on. This dress is perfect for me, so I’m not worried about wow’ing. Also, you can have customizations done. I added a foot to the train, which is super dramatic. 

Also, just a piece of advice. My dress was supposed to take 6 months to sew. Instead it took 8 (because of the extra train). You def need to decide fast if you want this one. 

@littlebridetobe:  Love the sash! I’ve been wanting to add one too, but nothing has looked right. Did yours come from the store? 

Post # 6
13 posts
Newbee

I want to add an extra train! such a great idea, i would have never of thought to do that! Although my wedding is only 3 months away so its a little late for that ! Yes I purcahsed the sash directly from the boutique, it matches perfectly! If I don’t end up getting the sash sewn into the dress I will be selling it.. if thats anything you would be interested in. You look fabulous in the dress, make sure you post pictures when it comes in!

Post # 7
90 posts
Worker bee

@littlebridetobe:  Ohh, yeah let me know whether you sew in the sash. It’s beautiful and looks awesome on you. See if your seamstress can add length, though it may be too late to order in the fabric. I must say my train is absurdly long and unruly now. Very hard to walk in and my aisle is sooooo long! 

The dress in the pic is my dress. You can tell because it’s skintight 🙂 As you know, they cut the dress to exact measurements, rather than ordering a size. I may have it let out…can barely breath. 

Post # 8
177 posts
Blushing bee

@drosen81:  LOVE the Paloma…and the shop you went through is fantastic! Best of luck to you!

Post # 9
90 posts
Worker bee

@lmk710:  Aw, thanks doll! Did you also buy from I Do I Do? 

Post # 10
177 posts
Blushing bee

@drosen81:  I did, which is how I immediately noticed where you were in the photo.  They are SO wonderful.  It was a refreshing experience after dealing with snooty shops.

Post # 11
90 posts
Worker bee

@lmk710:  Glad it worked out for you too! What designer did you get? 

Absolute angels there. They were my fourth store in 1 day. They wouldn’t let me leave until I found the one.  

Where’s your wedding? 

Post # 12
177 posts
Blushing bee

I also bought a Paloma, nothing else compared…I added 2 feet to my train.  We are getting married in Cedar Grove.  I wanted Park Savoy, but they booked my day 2 hours before my appointment! 

Post # 13
90 posts
Worker bee

@lmk710:  2 feet?! Woaaa. I think the ladies at I Do I Do love long trains. 

Cedar Grove is gorgeous. We loved Park Savoy too, but their prices were hilariously high. Although their renovs will be amazing. 

Post # 14
177 posts
Blushing bee

@drosen81:  I’m just obsessed with having a long train…when else will you be able to do it?!  Paloma’s are the most simply glamorous gowns and trust me I tried on everything…even CUSTOM gowns (I know I’m a nut) 

I do a drive by every now and then on Park Savoy to check up on renovations, it’s almost unfair how gorgeous it’s going to be, but the fact that they booked my day when I had the appointment set and made it adamantly clear I WOULD NOT change my date put a bad taste in my mouth. I wasted and hour and a half of my precious planning time building up for a let down because he only told me they booked it as we sat down to look at the menu and place a deposit.  Needless to say, I walked out on my appointment with tears in my eyes.  If you think THEY were ridiculously high just be glad you didn’t look at Pleasantdale Chateau.  I started laughing when they told me the per plate price and was looking around for hidden cameras. At approximately $300 a plate, my guests better be getting diamond encrusted silverware.  Where did you choose??

Post # 15
90 posts
Worker bee

@lmk710:  I just wrote you a long response and it got deleted. Argh. In summary: 

You don’t want Park Savoy anyway if they are treating your disrespectfully from the very beginning. How will they act when your money is theirs? They quoted us $260pp for kosher food on a SUNDAY. Laughable. I also heard Pleasantdale is gorgeous but so expensive. We couldn’t meet their minimum headcount anyway. 

We looked at 10 venues and chose the Rockleigh. Wanted something non-Jersey (lots of trees, land, quaint town). 

I hope the weather holds up for October! It’s been so lovely this winter/spring. 

Post # 16
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

It was so lovely to see Paloma Blanca 4155 on real brides!  I haven’t seen a picture of it besides the Paloma website.  You ladies look gorgeous!  My 4155 comes in next week for my June 30th Wedding!!!! I cannot wait to wear it!

The topic ‘Paloma Blanca 4155 – Please HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors